With no games scheduled, the team is spending the Easter Holiday checking out the sites and sounds of Anaheim. The team hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of Disneyland so there is plenty of entertainment for our boys!
With the off day, I wanted to take a few minutes to share with you some thoughts from yesterday.
- Travel arrangements couldn't have been better... from flights, to rental vans, to hotel rooms... a myriad of things could have gone wrong, especially when you consider we are traveling with 20 teenage boys!!
- First Class Operation... the National Classic is everything you would want in a tournament. Great host, first class venues, perfect weather, tough competition, and an atmosphere like none other.
- El Dorado HS... perhaps the best scoreboard in all of high school baseball.
- West Virginia Mountaineers... thanks for showing up!
A couple of things I am looking forward to experiencing:
- Opening game under the lights at Cal State Fullerton
- West Coast style of baseball... the game remains the same, but I imagine the game within the game will be different.
- Opening week of Major League Baseball... hoping we get a chance to take our kids to Angels vs Twins game.
- Knott's Berry Farm... if you like theme parks, this is your ticket. Just 15 minutes from the hotel and a potential off day, weather permitting, I can't wait to tackle the 7 coasters this park has to offer.
Tournament info including schedules and results can be found at:
As you can imagine, many media outlets will be covering the tournament.