During the NCAA early signing period, eight IMG Academy Golf student-athletes signed an NCAA National Letter of Intent to their respective colleges at a special ceremony held on National Signing Day.
The signees included:
- Claudio Correa (Santiago, Chile) signed with the University of South Florida men’s golf program. Correa is ranked No. 31 for the Class of 2014 in the Golfweek Junior Rankings (no. 51 overall). In July, he became the Junior Amateur Champion in Chile with a four-under 140 playing at the Club de Golf Los Leones in Santiago, Chile, in addition to winning two tournaments and carding seven top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes in the United States over the past year.
- Jose Montano (Cochabamba, Bolivia) signed with the Xavier University men’s golf program. Montano is ranked No. 46 for the Class of 2014 in the Golfweek Junior Rankings (No. 84 overall). In October, Montano recently took home the biggest win of his junior career at the AJGA Burgett H. Mooney, Jr. Rome Classic presented by State Mutual Insurance Company, with a 10-under 203 performance.
- Hoyeong Kim (Jin-Ju City, South Korea) signed with the Middle Tennessee State University men’s golf program. Over the past year, Kim has recorded seven top-10 finishes, with a win at the IMG Junior Golf Tour event at Marriott's Grande Pines Golf Club in May.
- Lisa Unterganschnigg (Zell Am See, Austria) has signed with the Colorado State University women’s golf program. Unterganschnigg recorded four top-five finishes in the past year, which included a win on the IMG Junior Golf Tour at the Club at Savannah Harbor, qualifying her for the prestigious Callaway Junior World Golf Championships in San Diego, Calif. this year.
- Kaeli Jones (Sumterville, Fla.) has signed with the University of South Alabama women’s golf program. Jones has recorded 15 top-10 finishes in 25 events over the past year, and is the No. 21 player in the Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings for the state of Florida Class of 2014.
- Pedro Junqueira (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) has signed with the Old Dominion University men’s golf program. Junqueira is the reigning Brazilian junior champion after winning the Brazilian Junior Championship in August, and followed that up by winning the 36th annual Itanhangá Open Championship in November.
- Estafania Morales (Barquisimeto, Venezuela) has signed with the Quinnipiac University women’s golf program. Morales has recorded four top-10 finishes in eight events over the past year.
- Diana Gonzalez (Bogota, Colombia) has signed with the University of South Florida women’s golf program. Gonzalez is the No. 9-ranked female junior golfer in the Colombian national rankings.