About Steve Novencido
Steve began at IMG Academy in October 2013 as a Strength & Conditioning Coach, responsible for Lacrosse and Athletic & Personal Development while assisting with golf and tennis. Prior to his time with IMG, Steve worked as Strength & Conditioning Coach for Lemoore Jr. College, working with wrestling and soccer. Additionally, Steve owned his own business, training athletes of numerous high schools and various sports like football, baseball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, and tennis, throughout the Central Valley in California, winning several valley championships.
Steve also interned in the capacity as a Strength & Conditioning Coach at Fresno State University 2003-2006, as well as served in same capacity as a Strength & Conditioning Coach with the San Diego Chargers in the summer of ’04 and ’05.
Finally, Steve has coached Brooke Crain, a BMX athlete, who placed 8th overall at the 2012 London Games.
- M.A. Exercise Science (with emphasis in Biomechanics), Fresno State University – 2005
- B.S. Kinesiology, Fresno State University – 2003
- A.S. Sports Medicine, College of the Sequoias – 2000
- NSCA – CSCS since 2003
- USA Track & Field Level II 2007
- NASM – PES
- USA Weightlifting Level I 2003
- FMS 2011
- Ignite 360 – 2011
- Strength & Conditioning Coach – Lemoore Jr. College 2013
- Sports Performance Coach – Elite Speed Performance 2007-2013
- NFL San Diego Chargers Strength & Conditioning Coach Intern summers 2004 & 2005
- Fresno State University Strength & Conditioning Coach Intern 2003-2006