When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, the IMG Academy prep school program boasts an unrivaled track record. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
College Planning and Placement Center
The College Planning and Placement Center works with all IMG Academy student-athletes starting in 9th grade (including post-graduates) to create an individualized road map for finding and gaining acceptance to the college that best fits their goals and needs. It consists of:
- Support college search and application process
- Coordinate communication between advisor, student-athlete and family
- Engage college admissions staff
Working in group settings (grades 9 and 10), specifically designed college planning classes and individually with each junior and senior (grades 11 and 12), our staff involves each student in the total planning process.
Resources such as the Naviance Family Connection (an on-line counseling tool), College Board, admission visits, and college fairs to name just a few, are invaluable in this process.
- Utilize resources of the vast network provided by NCSA Athletic Recruiting, student-athlete can connect with thousands of college coaches at every level
- Build a web-based profile, including highlight video and academic transcripts, through IMG Recruitment Management System
- Sport coaches work with IMG Academy recruiting advisors to create a specific recruiting plan
The graduating class of 2012 left IMG Academy in Florida with nearly 1.5 million dollars in freshman year scholarships. Much of this success is due to the complete integration of academics and athletics offered at IMG Academy in a college prep school format.
NCAA Compliance Education
The staff of the Center works to educate each student, family, coach, and IMG Academy staff member with the nuances of NCAA eligibility. The NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) is a made up of college and university member institutions which develop and implement rules and regulations to determine participation and protect fairness in every sport.
- Navigation of the NCAA’s rules of eligibility, including educational workshops, tracking of recruitment activities and overseeing of amateurism issues
For more detailed information about the NCAA and their eligibility process feel free to go to: www.ncaa.org.
The term – student-athlete—implies the importance of being well prepared academically for the challenges that collegiate life will afford. The SAT/ACT semester class is a comprehensive college prep course designed to prepare sophomores, juniors, and seniors for the rigors of the SAT and ACT, the two most common college admission exams.
Private tutoring is available for any high school subject in addition to SAT, ACT, or SAT II subject tests. At IMG Academy, we accommodate students’ requests for tutoring in a timely fashion and provide tutors who not only know their subjects, but also relate well to the student.
Other Important Information:
Director of IMG College Planning and Placement Center and NCAA Compliance Education Officer
Heather Von Seggern
College Advisor and Coordinator of Athletic Recruiting
Coordinator of SAT/ACT Test Preparation and Academic Tutoring