After Obtaining the F-1 Visa
- While traveling, remember to keep your passport, the I-20 and F-1 visa together and with you at all times.
- You will receive an I-94 card (Departure Card) from the Immigration officer. This card must be kept with your passport at all times. The I-94 card indicates your duration of stay in the United States.
- If you are coming here as student, and you have different U.S. visas in your passport, make sure that Border Patrol officer looks at your F-1 (student) visa. The I-94 card should say F-1 D/S.
Once You Arrive At IMG Academy
- Bring your passport, I-94 card, and student visa to school and present to the International Student Advisor or a Designated School Official (DSO)
- The DSO will sing your I-20 on the third page and make copies of all your legal documents: I-20, I-94, visa, and passport.
- Students who are boarding on campus will be required to bring their visa documents to IMG Academy’s front desk in order to be secured (locked away).
- Students who are non-boarding will be required to provide an American address where student will be living.
Leaving the USA for Holidays or Tournament Travel
- When an international student leaves the United States, he/she must notify the International Student Advisor or a Designated School Official (DSO).
- The DSO will verify that the student has a valid I-20 and that the I-20 is signed appropriately on page three. If the I-20 is not properly signed, the student might have difficulties with re-entry into the United States.
- Students must always travel with their legal documents: I-20, F-1 visa/passport and I-94 card.
Withdrawing or Graduating from the School
- If an international student decides to withdraw from the School, he/she must inform the International Student Advisor or Designated School Official (DSO).
- If the student will be attending another school within the United States, the DSO will transfer the SEVIS (I-20) record to the new school via the SEVIS computer system. The student must provide DSO with new school information.
- If the student will not be attending another school within the United States, the DSO will be required to terminate the SEVIS (I-20) record.
- It is the student’s responsibility to communicate withdrawal decisions or transfer requests to the IMG Academy in a timely manner.