About Joshua Lifrak
Joshua is a senior member of the mental conditioning staff and is currently the heads up all team sports mental conditioning at the academy. His enthusiasm and passion for his students and teams is infectious and is evidence by their great successes. He uses a variety of team building exercises and mental skill building exercises to help athletes apply the tools they learn in workshops to the field of play.
Joshua has a Masters degree in Exercise and Sport Sciences with an emphasis in Sport Psychology from Ithaca College. He is a member of the Association of Applied Sport Psychology. He has presented at many conferences and coach education seminars.
While completing his Masters degree at Ithaca College, Joshua worked with Ithaca College and Marist College Tennis programs, he also worked with a High School Rowing Club the Cascadilla Boat Club in Ithaca, NY.
Joshua Lifrak has been the mental conditioning coach for the baseball, basketball and soccer academy since 2005. He has been on the coaching staff of some of the most successful teams in the history of IMG Academy including the following:
- 2009 U-18 Soccer US Academy League 3rd Place
- 2008 U-19 Dallas Cup Finalist
- 2008 U-19 Sun Bowl Champion
- 2007 U-19 Dallas Cup Champion
- 2007 U-19 Sun Bowl Champion
- 2007 U-18 Sun Bowl Champion
- 2009 Varsity Baseball 30-1 Ranked 7th in Country
He consults with NCAA champions and professional baseball, basketball, soccer, and tennis players.
Academic and Peer Reviewed contributions:
- Morgan, T., Mugford, A. L., Lifrak, J., Lawn, A., & Gentner, N. (2008). Goal Setting: Overcoming Challenges and Engaging Athletes in Innovative Ways [Abstract]. Proceedings of the Association of Applied Sport Psychology, St Louis, MO, USA, 102.
- Lifrak, J., Mugford, A.L. Morgan, T.A., & Passarella, C.J. (2007, September). It’s not just a movie: Effective use of video in performance consulting [Abstract]. Proceedings of the Association of Applied Sport Psychology, Louisville, KY, USA, 24.
- Lifrak, J. (2005) The Motivation of America’s Best Professional Competition Rock Climber: A Qualitative Case Study. Ithaca, New York