About Patrick Tanner
Prior to working at IMG Academy, Patrick was with the Baltimore Orioles Organization providing athletic training services to the rookie level affiliates in the Gulf Coast League, as well as assisting the minor league medical coordinator in all minor and major league rehabilitation programs. Before working in professional baseball, Patrick worked at Resurgens Orthopaedics, an outpatient orthopedic physical therapy clinic providing rehabilitation services to patients with a variety of orthopedic injuries.
Patrick brings a great deal of education and experience to IMG Academy. He is in his fourth year as the Head Athletic Trainer at IMG Academy and works with the IMG Academy Golf program, as well as professional athletes who train on campus. He directs the health care for the NFL Combine training program and travels with other APD staff members to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis every February. Patrick also travels with the US Soccer teams, including the Under 23 Women's team, and the Men's Beach Soccer team. He manages a staff of 8 athletic trainers and oversees the Injured Athlete Program.
- Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion from California University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from Towson University
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Training
- Florida Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Liu, R. W., Smith, S.E., Tanner, P. C., Belzberg, A. J., & McFarland, E. G. (2009). Skull Fracture and Brain Contusion in a Baseball Player: A Case Report. Athletic Therapy Today. 14(1), 35-38.
- Worked with Baseball, Boys Soccer, and Tennis programs
- Directs the health care for the NFL Combine training program