About Patrick Tanner
Prior to working at IMG Academy Patrick was with the Baltimore Orioles Organization providing athletic training services to the rookie level affiliate in the Gulf Coast League as well as assisting the minor league medical coordinator in all minor and major league rehabilitation programs. Before working in professional baseball Patrick worked at Resurgen’s Orthopeadics, an outpatient orthopedic physical therapy clinic providing rehabilitation services to patients with a variety of orthopedic injuries.
Patrick brings a great deal of education and experience to IMG Academy. He is in his second year as the Head Athletic Trainer at IMGA, working for one year with a dual appointment between the IMG Academy baseball program and Bollettieri Sports Therapy Center. Tanner now works with the professional athletes who train on campus as well as the elite and junior tennis players. He manages a staff of 5 athletic trainers and oversees the athletic training internship program.
Tanner earned his Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training from Towson University in 2002 and his Master’s of science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion from California University of Pennsylvania in 2007. Patrick lives in Sarasota with his wife Caroline and daughter Isabella.
- Master of Science in Exercise Science and Health Promotion from California University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from Towson University
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Training
- Florida Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Liu, R. W., Smith, S.E., Tanner, P. C., Belzberg, A. J., & McFarland, E. G. (2009). Skull Fracture and Brain Contusion in a Baseball Player: A Case Report. Athletic Therapy Today. 14(1), 35-38.