About Stephanie Wilson
Stephanie began her journey in sports as a gymnast and then transitioned to a runner. Originally from St. Louis, she graduated summa cum laude from Saint Louis University with her Bachelor of Science degrees in Nutrition/Dietetics and Spanish. She also graduated summa cum laude with her Master of Science degree in Nutrition with Sports Nutrition emphasis and a minor in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology from the University of Florida.
While at the University of Florida some of her responsibilities with UF athletes included presenting nutrition talks, assessing body composition, reviewing supplements, analyzing diets, and conducting athlete-focused grocery store tours. Stephanie also served as the Gatorade Camp Manager for 13 University of Florida sport camps where she focused on hydration and nutrition with younger athletes. She then served as a sport nutrition consult for University of South Florida and the Human Performance Lab at the University of Tampa.
Her goal is to develop an international and prestigious sport nutrition program by serving as the leading authority and promote optimal performance and healthy behavior change in student-athletes at IMG Academy. She is currently pursuing her PhD.
- Licensed dietitian/nutritionist in the state of Florida
- Nationally recognized as a Registered Dietician Certified Sport Nutritionist from the International Society of Sport Nutrition
- Published in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals to contribute her expertise to the field of science
- William and Agnes Brown Research Scholar Award (2009)
- Recipient of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) Undergraduate of the Year Award (2007)
- St. Louis University undergraduate of the year award (2007)
- Missouri Dietetic Intern of the Year (2007)
- ADA Intern of the Year Award (2009)
- Florida Dietetic Association Intern of the Year Award (2009)