If total evolution as an athlete is your goal for an upcoming season, the IMG Academy 3-Week Camps can help you get there. With customizable, sport-specific and progressive training programs that address all areas of performance, you can enter next season ready to dominate. Our most popular summer camp - a progressive, intensive experience that will help prepare you for the upcoming season!
By working with experienced and encouraging Athletic and Personal Development (APD) specialists in multiple disciplines, you will train in an environment unlike any other in the world. As a pioneer in athletic development, IMG Academy has more than three decades of experience training athletes of all ability levels in virtually every sport and can create a program to revolutionize your game this year!
3-Week APD Camp Details
- Ages 12-19
- Dates: 2014 summer camp dates available soon
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- Physical Conditioning: Develops sport-specific strength, power, movement, speed, agility, flexibility, and conditioning.
- Mental Conditioning: Builds the mental skills – including confidence, focus and determination – that help athletes reach their goals and compete at their best on any given day.
- Nutrition: Optimizes personal nutrition to meet high-level lifestyle and sport demands, with topics including optimal everyday nutrition, eating plans to meet sport-specific demands, body composition, energy balance and body weight issues, dietary supplements and hydration.
- Leadership Training: Helps develop personal presence, communication skills, character building, accountability and conversational skill to provide more guidance and stability as a leader.
- Vision Training: Develops an athlete’s eye muscles and visual system to enhance hand-eye coordination, peripheral vision, reaction time and depth perception.
3-Week APD Camp Benefits
- Nearly a month of expert instruction, while having fun with other athletes from around the world.
- Train on the campus utilized by world-class athletes like Maria Sharapova, Cam Newton, Andrew McCutchen and countless others
- You can work on your game while becoming more comfortable with the English language or preparing for the SAT's (see below)
- With over 90 different countries represented by our student population, training at IMG Academy is the multi-cultural experience of a lifetime!
- Safe and secure 450-acre campus
The comprehensive schedule allows a player to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like by completing coursework and a rigorous training curriculum. It is designed for athletes who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes APD training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of APD and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
3-Week APD Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + APD: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of APD training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + APD: For participants 12 – 19, a half-day of APD and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.