About Uranius Johnson
Uranius "UJ" Johnson joined the Athletic and Personal Development staff in January 2013 to assist in the training of our tennis, baseball, injured athlete, and football programs. UJ earned a bachelor’s degree in sports management and marketing from Marshall University while also playing wide receiver for the Thundering Herd football team. He stayed at Marshall to earn his master’s degree in Adult & Technical Education.
After graduating he was hired as general manager at LA Fitness. During his tenure at LA Fitness he was responsible for exercise testing and prescription for a wide range of clientele, while leading LA Fitness to new heights in new memberships and customer retention. After two years at LA Fitness, UJ returned to Marshall to earn a second bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sport Management and Marketing from Marshall University
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Physiology from Marhsall University
- Master's Degree in Adult & Technical Education from Marshall University
- General Manager for two years at LA Fitness
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for football and Olympic sports at Marshall University