Don't miss a chance to have the best summer of baseball of your life!
The 2013 IMG Academy 12U Summer Wood Bat League is a 4-week program that mirrors the successful IMG Academy High School Summer Wood Bat League with a combination of individual training, competition and a reputation for developing talent. The training regimen and games are almost identical -- including the use of wood or wood composite bats -- only with a customized and shorter program that better suits a younger baseball player.
The 2013 IMG Academy 12U Summer Wood Bat League provides an experience that is unmatched for the combination of competition, baseball training, college exposure and overall development.
Extensive workouts enable every player the maximum opportunity to develop their full potential, both on and off the field. If you are a student/athlete with the desire to build a solid baseball foundation and to take your game the next level, do not miss this opportunity to be part of The Premier Summer Training Program in High School Baseball…..The 2013 IMG Academy 12U Summer Wood Bat League.
July 14-August 10, 2013
Optional Preseason Training Week: July 7-July 13, 2013
The pas four summers, over 600 high school and middle school baseball players from 40 states and 16 countries have converged on the IMG Academy baseball program campus in Bradenton, Florida to participate in the IMG Academy Summer Wood Bat Leagues. Here are some of the highlights for the 2013 IMG Academy 12U Summer Wood Bat League:
- For ages 10-12
- Team coaches will be both IMG Academy Baseball Staff and College Coaches. All Coaches will have Professional and/or Collegiate Experience.
- Competition and Training – Six days a week.
- College Recruiting Seminar.
- Training at the IMG Academy 450 acre campus – the Largest Multi-Sport Training Facility in the World.
- Speed, Strength, and Agility Training with the Athletic & Personal Development specialists.
- 6,000 square foot state-of-the-art covered hitting complex with 4 tunnels. The lighting and equipment is to MLB specifications, with a ProBatter Professional PX2 Pitching Machine.
- 70’ Bases, 225’ outfield fences, plus batting cages and bullpens.
- State-of-the-art technology: Includes an option to sign up for advanced Motus motion capture technology utilized by MLB teams like the Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals (imgcamps@MotusGlobal.com)
- Play with and against some of the nation’s most dedicated baseball players.
- Become educated on the college baseball recruiting process.
- Leave with comprehensive plan for future development.
Space will go FAST……make your reservation now. We track registrations in all leagues by primary position so that we do not end up with too many 1st basemen, for example. Even though there may be openings left, your position may fill earlier so do not delay in signing on! WE WILL SELL OUT ALL PROGRAMS AGAIN IN 2013!!
Here are answers to common questions on the IMG Academy 12U Summer Wood Bat League:
Is there any acceptance criteria? Yes, we are looking for quality players with a desire to train hard in all aspects of their game. The 12U is open to players who do not turn 13 prior to August 1st, 2013.
If my son is 12 which league should he go into? If in the fall of 2013 your son will still be playing on the youth fields, then he should be in the 12U. On the other hand, if 2013 is the year the player is moving up to the “big fields”, he should be in the 14U.
Why Wood Bats? The simple answer is that the “sweet spot” is smaller on a wood bat versus the Aluminum bats; therefore you must have better hand-eye coordination to hit with wood. If you train with wood, you can hit even better with an Aluminum bat.
What type of Wood Bat is allowed? The barrel of the bat must be wood. Wood composite bats with reinforced handles are OK as long as the barrel is wood.
Is there free time on weekends or time away from the facility? Yes, players will have one weekend day off. However, off days are subject to make-up dates, etc.
When do we have to make a decision? Sounds like a sales pitch, but the sooner the better. The bottom line is do not delay if you want to secure a spot. For the fifth year in a row, the 2013 leagues will sell out.
How much is due? And by what date? Payments plans are flexible. We need a deposit of $2,000.00 with the full balance due in May.
For more information:
Tel: o: 941.739.7477/c: 941.447.6486