Hours and hours of drills and practice won’t help your game if they do not complement your style of play. With the IMG Academy Bollettieri tennis program 3-Week Summer Tennis Camp, you’ll receive the kind of instruction that will immediately make you a better player when it matters most – during competition! Our most popular summer tennis camp - a progressive, intensive experience that will help prepare you for the upcoming season or a tournament!
Camp Options: Tennis Only || Tennis + Education
The 3-Week Summer Tennis Camp incorporates a core tennis program consisting of match play, on-court drills, video analysis, match strategy sessions in the "Mission Room" and Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic & Personal Development program specialists. All students receive three weeks of the core tennis camp with the ability to upgrade to the TOTAL ATHLETE or GAME CHANGER tennis camps to help you become more agile, powerful and confident.
The 3-Week Summer Tennis Camp also gives you the option to participate in an on-campus Grand Prix tournament to sharpen your match skills. With our accomplished coaching staff teaching in low 4:1 player-to-coach ratios, no other tennis academy in the world can deliver this caliber of instruction in one week! Come to IMG Academy this summer to train, compete and have fun!
Tennis Camp Details:
- Ages 8-19
- Dates: 2014 summer camp dates available soon
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together.
- Optional entry into 1 on-campus Grand Prix Tournaments per three-week camp (entry fees not included)
- Daily: 2.5 hours of on-court training, 2 hours of match play, 1 hour of physical conditioning
- Weekly: 2 hours/week of mental conditioning, 3 hours/week video analysis in the “Mission Room”
- Weekly evaluations on Monday that separate campers into groups based on skill and age, with the ability to change groups based on performance
- Weekly “Game Day” that features fun tennis competitions to win prizes
- You also have the option to train for a half-day while taking English Language Learner courses or SAT prep classes to help you academically while you evolve athletically. See below for more information on our Tennis and Education programs!
Sample Daily Schedule
|9:30am-12:00pm||On-Court Tennis Drills|
|2:00-3:00pm||TOTAL ATHLETE Program (If applicable)|
Tennis Camp Benefits:
- Benefits the dedicated player with three opportunities for improvement if you can't stay for a full summer.
- You can work on your game while improving your grades, working on college credit, becoming more comfortable with the English language or preparing for the SAT's.
- With over 90 different countries represented by our student population, training at IMG Academy is the multi-cultural experience of a lifetime!
Utilize the versatile and unique qualities of IMG Academy by signing up for the Tennis and Education summer camp. IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for players to attend training and get ahead with SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a 3-week period allows a player to experience what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like by completing coursework and a rigorous tennis training curriculum. It is designed for players who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game.
3-Week Tennis Camp + SAT/College Prep
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Tennis Camp: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of tennis, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Tennis Camp: For participants 13 – 19, a half-day of tennis and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.
*Schedules for campers registered for any academic programs (SAT, ESL, High School, TOEFL) will have those classes Monday-Friday from 1:45-4:45pm.