Want a half-summer of tennis camp to prep for your next season? Looking to catch up on high school classes, start taking college courses, practice for the SAT or brush up on your English? With multiple options: five weeks of only tennis or a combination of tennis + high school classes, SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes, the IMG Academy Bollettieri tennis program 5-Week Summer Tennis Camps can get you ready for the next school year. Five-week tennis camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular tennis camp options.
IMG Academy Bollettieri tennis program 5-Week Summer Tennis Camps are for tennis players of all levels to experience on-court drills and match play, video analysis, match strategy sessions in the "Mission Room" and tennis-specific Physical Conditioning and Mental Conditioning led by Athletic & Personal Development program experts. All campers receive five week of the core tennis camp with the ability to upgrade to the TOTAL ATHLETE or GAME CHANGER summer tennis camp.
Players will train under the guidance of our world-class coaches and get the chance to compete in two on-campus Grand Prix tournaments. With 4:1 player-to-coach ratios, you'll receive personal attention from our world-class coaching staff. No other summer tennis camps in the world can deliver this caliber of instruction in one week, so come train, compete, study, and have fun this summer at IMG Academy!
Summer Tennis Camp Details:
- Ages 8-19
- Dates: 2014 summer camp dates available soon
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together.
- 4:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Entry into 2 on-campus Grand Prix Tournaments per five-week camp (entry fees not included)
- Daily: 2.5 hours of on-court training, 2 hours of match play, 1 hour of physical conditioning
- Weekly: 2 hours/week of mental conditioning, 3 hours/week video analysis in the “Mission Room”
- Weekly evaluations on Monday that separate campers into groups based on skill and age, with the ability to change groups based on performance
- Weekly “Game Day” that features fun tennis competitions to win prizes
- You also have the option to train for a half-day while taking high school classes, college courses, English Language Learner courses or SAT prep classes to help you academically while you evolve athletically. See below for more information on our Tennis and Education programs!
Sample Daily Schedule
|9:30am-12:00pm||On-Court Tennis Drills|
|2:00-3:00pm||TOTAL ATHLETE Program (If applicable)|
*Schedules for campers registered for any academic programs (SAT, ESL, High School, TOEFL) will have those classes Monday-Friday from 1:45-4:45pm.
Summer Tennis Camp Benefits:
- A month-plus of expert tennis instruction, match play and social activities, while having fun with other athletes from around the world.
- You can work on your game while improving your grades, working on college credit, becoming more comfortable with the English language or preparing for the SAT's.
- With over 90 different countries represented by our student population, training at IMG Academy is the multi-cultural experience of a lifetime!
The comprehensive schedule over a five-week period allows a player to experience first-hand what it’s like to be an IMG Academy student-athlete. It is designed for campers who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The schedule includes tennis training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus. Options:
5-Week Summer Tennis Camp + High School Classes
- English – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Social Science – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Mathematics – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
5-Week Summer Tennis Camp + SAT/College Prep
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
5-Week Summer Tennis Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Tennis Camp: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of tennis, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Tennis Camp: For participants 13 – 19, a half-day of tennis and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.