Want a half-summer to prep for your next season? Looking to catch up on high school classes, start taking college courses, practice for the SAT or brush up on your English? With multiple options: five weeks of only basketball or a combination of basketball + high school classes, TOEFL prep classes, SAT prep classes or ESL classes, the IMG Academy Boys 5-Week Summer Camp can get you fully prepared for the next school year. Five-week camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular camp options.
The IMG Academy 5-Week Camp features a core training program that’s progressive and increases individual on-court production, leading to team success through position-specific fundamental and advanced drill sequences for all phases of the game, game-simulation drills, scrimmages closely monitored by the basketball coaching staff at IMG and off-court Physical and Mental Conditioning sessions led by Athletic & Personal Development specialists.
The basketball-only 5-Week Camp also features an upgraded TOTAL ATHLETE training option to expedite development.
5-Week Summer Basketball Camp Details:
- Ages: 7th grade – 12th grade
- Dates: 2014 summer camp dates available soon
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together.
- Mix of position-specific on-court drill work, scrimmaging and off-court training to increase strength, speed and power
- Players will be exposed to basketball education in the form of lectures, film sessions, and team demonstrations to develop their basketball I.Q.’s.
- Daily: 4 hours of on-court training, 1.5 hours of organized scrimmages, 1 hour of Physical Conditioning (speed/strength training)
- Weekly evaluations that separate athletes into skill-specific groups
- Player evaluations will be given to each player at the conclusion of their stay.
Sample Daily Schedule
|10:00-10:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Programs|
|1:00-1:45pm||Individual work/Shooting practice|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|4:00-5:15pm||Optional Individual work/Shooting practice|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
Basketball Camp Benefits:
- Progression-based training helps you reach your true potential as a player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Athletes from around the world in multiple sports
Utilize the versatile and unique qualities of IMG Academy by signing up for the Boys Basketball and Education summer camp. IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for players to advance their skill, while getting ahead with advanced high school classes, SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a five-week period allows a player to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy is like by completing coursework and a rigorous training program. The weekday schedule includes training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus.
5-Week Camp + High School Classes:
- English – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Social Science – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Mathematics – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
5-Week Camp + SAT/College Prep
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of Basketball and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
5-Week Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their skills at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Sport Camp: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of basketball training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Sport Camp: For participants 13 – 19, a half-day of basketball training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.