To prep for an upcoming season, you need to fully prepare yourself by combining drill work to improve fundamentals, scrimmage to perform better in games and off-field training to improve strength and speed. And the IMG Academy 6-Week Tournament Camp is the ultimate camp to maximize your development. The ultimate summer camp experience!
This six-week camp is a TOTAL ATHLETE training program specifically designed and run as if campers are IMG Academy student-athletes in order to provide the full experience. With comprehensive, position-specific practices led by experienced coaches, off-court programs designed by Athletic & Personal Development specialists, basketball education classroom sessions and multiple games/tournaments against local competition of the same age, athletes will learn what it takes to dominate on the court.
6-Week Summer Tournament Basketball Camp Details
- Ages: 12-13, 14-15, 16-17 (3 teams)
- Dates: 2014 summer camp dates available soon
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together.
- Players train and compete as a team over the course of 6 weeks, participating in skill workouts, structured team practices and competitive game situations.
- Progressive approach to training starts with a basis of drill work and supervised scrimmages to prepare for tournaments
- Skills translate to team success, as well as individual development
- Player education in the form of lectures, film sessions, as well as individual and team demonstrations to help increase basketball I.Q.
- Mentorships throughout the camp from specialized coaches
- One extra hour per day of Mental Toughness, Speed/Movement, Nutrition, Leadership Training, Vision/Reaction Training
- Player evaluations and video analysis given to each player at the conclusion of their stay
Sample Daily Schedule
|10:00-10:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Programs|
|1:00-1:45pm||Individual work/Shooting practice|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|4:00-5:15pm||Optional Individual work/Shooting practice|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
6-Week Summer Tournament Basketball Camp Benefits
- By staying 6 weeks and competing in tournaments, players get the full experience of what makes a successful IMG Academy athlete. In addition, they see first-hand the improvement that can be made in their game over a nearly two-month span.
- Exposure to all aspects of the game to facilitate all-around improvement
- Train with the coaches who train collegiate and NBA players
- Full access to world-class facilities
- End-of-camp evaluations and video breakdown allows the player to continue improvement upon returning home