The boys soccer program at IMG Academy is the epitome of developmental soccer training. is committed to the development and placement of players at the next level. The principles of leadership, determination, respect and teamwork along with the staff’s commitment to develop each individual’s game, allow you to maximize your ability on the pitch and in life.
By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development.
- Ages 12 – 19. Post-Graduate programs available.
- College-style scheduling with academics in the morning and training in the afternoon (or vice versa)
- Graduates in the past three years alone have gone on to schools like Akron (twice), Cornell, Creighton, Dayton, Florida Atlantic, George Mason, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Santa Clara, Louisville and more
- The nation’s top coaching staff, led by Director Scott Dean, includes multiple coaches with USSF “A” license and national, professional and collegiate coaching/playing experience
- 13 professional-quality Bermuda grass fields, locker rooms and video lecture halls for match analysis
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
The IMG Academy boy's soccer program is committed to the development and placement of players at the next level. The principles of leadership, determination, respect and teamwork along with the staff’s commitment to develop each individual’s game, allow you to maximize your ability on the pitch and in life.
There’s a reason why countless IMG Academy soccer program alumni have gone on to play at some of the top D-1 programs, MLS teams and European clubs- individualized player development within a team setting.
With a collegiate-style training schedule that balances athletics and academics to maximize results and personal development, IMG Academy produces skilled, athletic and mentally strong student-athletes who are prepared for any competitive environment.
Competing in multiple regional, state, national and international tournaments, including the prestigious U.S. Soccer Development Academy League, IMG Academy consists of eight boys’ team (U-19, U-18 Academy League, U-17, U-16 Academy League, U-16, U-15 and U-14) led by some of the top coaches in the game with an emphasis on position-specific improvement, including goalkeeping.
Anthony Ampaipitakwong, Buriram United (Thailand)
DaMarcus Beasley, Puebla (Mexico Primera Division)
Zak Boggs, formerly of New England Revolution
Kevin Burns, Columbus Crew
Jon Busch, San Jose Earthquakes
Blair Gavin, New England Revolution
Stephen Keel, New York Red Bulls
Jari Litmanen, Ajax
Tim Howard, Everton
Aron Johannsson, AGF Aarhus (Denmark)
Kurt Morsink, formerly of D.C. United
Hidetoshi Nakata, Japan, Parma (Italia Serie A)
Heath Pearce, New York Red Bulls
Michael Parkhurst, FC Nordsjaelland (Denmark)
Zarek Valentin, Montreal Impact
- 8 Florida State Cup final appearances with 4 championship
- 3 Dallas Cup final appearances in the past six years and 2 championships
- 2 U.S. Soccer Development Academy division titles
- 258 total U.S. Men’s National Team caps
- 304 Premier League appearances
- 6 MLS All-Star appearances
- 50 D-I signees since 2009
Athletic and Personal Development
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.