Dedicated goalkeepers deserve advanced and professional-style training that will help them reach their true potential. With the IMG Academy Goalkeeper Training Program, you can learn from the sport's best exactly what it takes to play at the next level.
Limited spots are offered, as the program only accepts boys and girls goalkeepers ages 12-19 who truly want to advance their game.
What you will experience:
Defined training sessions that each focus on specific physical, mental tactical and technical elements of the position, including crosses, footwork, diving, distribution, angle play, playing behind various defensive formations and more. Sessions will include on-field training, video work and a take-home analysis of areas of strength and weakness. Off-field components involve cutting-edge vision training, soccer-specific strength/agility training, mental conditioning and more. You will then receive a Zoom report, as well as a 1-on-1 meeting with your goalkeeping coach, to break down your game, allowing for continued development after you leave camp.
When is the program:
Choose four weekends and one training week from the following...
Weekends (Friday evening - Sunday morning):
- Nov 15-17: Paying attention to footwork technique, catching, diving, parrying and boxing
- Feb 14-16: All types of distribution with the feet and hands
- Mar 7-9: Shot-stopping and angle play, staying in line, ebbing and flowing (technical and tactical training)
- April 4-6: Playing behind different defensive formations (Ex: back 3 vs 4/last line of defense vs. first line of attack)
- May 2-4: How to play the position within the defensive unit/team (technical and tactical training)
- May 16-18: Dealing with crosses/high ball, total role of the goalkeeper (technical and tactical training)
Weeks (Sunday - Saturday):
- Feb 9-15
- June 22-28
- July 13-19
- August 3-9
Who are the instructors:
Some of the most accomplished goalkeeping coaches in the sport, including...
- Peter Mellor: Developer of the program, Mellor spent 17 years as a goalkeeper in England's professional leagues before joining the U.S. Men's National Team as a goalkeeper coach. He was also an assistant coach for the USA in the 2000 Olympics and an assistant coach in the MLS with Real Salt Lake.
- Scott Bowers: USSF "A" License holder, Bowers has coached countless professional and D-I goalkeepers, including Ryan Thompson (Shamrock Rovers), Ernesto Sanchez (Toluca Mexico), Diego Restrepo (America de Cali), Jon Busch (San Jose Earthquakes).
- Aidan Davison: Davison spent more than 20 years as a professional goalkeeper and coach in England's professional leagues, as well as representing Northern Ireland on the national stage.
- Special guest instructors with national, professional and collegiate coaching and playing experience...