The golf academy program at IMG Academy has won more junior tournaments, generated more college scholarships and put more players on professional tours than any other program in the world.
By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development.
- Ages 8-10 (non-boarding), 11-19 (boarding). Post-Graduate programs available
- In the past three years, golf student-athletes have committed to universities like California, Carnegie Mellon, Duke, Florida, Harvard, Indiana, Miami, North Carolina, Penn State, Southern Cal, Yale and many more.
- All IMG Academy instructors must complete certification that typically takes a year-plus for completion
- In-house tournaments and entry into various regional and national tournaments enhance on-course skill
- Student-athletes have access to championship-level 6,900-yard IMG Academy Golf Club course, double-sided driving range, multiple putting greens and chipping/pitching stations
- Industry-leading technology, including TrackMan and V1 video analysis
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
No program in the world has won as many junior tournaments, generated as many college scholarships or put as many players on professional tours that the IMG Academy golf program.
Success on the course begins with preparation off the course. At IMG Academy, students develop their game through a periodization approach that addresses the technical, pre-competition and competition phases, resulting in lower scores and golfers who learn how to play, not just how to swing.
Working with other golfers of similar ability levels in small-group settings, students learn from coaches who go through one of the most rigorous coaching certification processes in the industry and average 10-plus years of coaching tenure. IMG Academy coaches also realize that it isn’t one-swing-fits-all and work individually with each golfer to develop proper mechanics.
Combining all aspects of training, coaching, on-course play at least twice a week plus weekend tournaments, state-of-the-art swing analysis technology and physical/mental training, IMG Academy students vastly improve all areas of their game.
Paula Creamer, U.S. Women’s Open champion (2010)
Julieta Granada, Won LPGA’s first $1 million tournament prize (2006)
Emiliano Grillo, 2012 European Tour player
Jessica Korda, Australian Women’s Open champion (2012)
Mika Miyazato, LPGA Safeway Classic champion (2012)
Sean O’Hair, Four PGA Tour wins
Victoria Tanco, 2x Rolex/AJGA Junior Player of the Year
Peter Uihlein, 2x Rolex Player of the Year, U.S. Amateur Champion (2010)
Casey Wittenberg, 1st on Web.com money list (2012)
- 151 Rolex Junior All-Americans (include the Junior All-Star Team and Academic All-Americans)
- 10 Rolex (AJGA) Players of the Year
- 4 Scholastic All-Americans
- 1 U.S. Women’s Open Champion
- 4 U.S. Girls’ Junior Champions and 3 U.S. Amateur Champions
- 2 U.S. Amateur runner-up
- 1 U.S. Women’s Amateur Champion
- Numerous wins on the LPGA, PGA, Symetra, Nationwide, European and Asian Tours
- 128 D-I signees since 2009
Athletic and Personal Development
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.