By utilizing a phased and progressive approach to skill development, IMG Academy 3-Week Camps (formerly David Leadbetter Academy Camps) will prepare you to perform when it matters most – during competition. Our most popular camp option - a progressive, intensive experience that will help prepare you for the upcoming season!
With multiple options (see below), the 3-Week Junior Camps guide athletes of all ability levels through a multi-faceted, intensive approach to training and tournament preparation:
- Week 1: Technical skill development (Grip, posture, addressing the ball, putting, full swing, chipping, pitching)
- Week 2: Pre-competition (Shaping shots, pre-shot routines, recovery shots, “feel” drills and exercises)
- Week 3: Competition (Competing over 18 and 36 holes, stroke play vs. match play, multiple-day tournaments)
The 3-Week Tournament Camp also multiple in-house tournaments at the IMG Golf & Country Club to put your acquired skills to the test, plus the TOTAL ATHLETE training program.
The 3-Week Camp+Education features a Core training program that also includes sport-specific Physical and Mental Conditioning led by Athletic & Personal Development specialists, plus academic options.
3-Week Camp Details:
- Sunday, January 4, 2015 - Saturday, January 15, 2015
- Sunday, January 25, 2015 - Saturday, February 14, 2015
- Sunday, February 15, 2015 - Saturday, March 7, 2015
- Sunday, November 29, 2015 - Saturday, December 19, 2015
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- Ages: 8-18
- 7:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Daily: 3 hours of full swing/short game instruction, 9 holes of course management instruction, Physical Conditioning (power, injury prevention)
- Weekly: 1 hour/week of mental conditioning (confidence, focus), V1 swing analysis
Sample Daily Schedule
|9:30-11:30am||Generic Drills/Short Game|
|1:00-2:45pm*||Video Analysis/Range Work|
|2:45-3:45pm*||Putting or nine holes on the course (Physical conditioning every Monday)|
|4:00-5:00pm||Open Range/Practice Time|
|5:30-6:15pm||Total Athlete Program (if applicable)|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
3-Week Camp Benefits:
- Provides first-hand look at what it’s like to be an IMG Academy student-athlete
- Camps attract students from around the world in multiple sports
- Safe and secure campus, with nightly on-campus activities and weekly trips to local attractions
- Learn better time management skills due to rigorous school/ camp schedule
- Focused and competitive practice setting
IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for athletes to train and get ahead in the classroom with advanced SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a 3-week period allows a athletes to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like. It is designed for athletes who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus.
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of camp and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
3-Week Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Camp: For participants age 15-18 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of camp, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Camp: For participants 8 – 18, a half-day of camp and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food , health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.