Lacrosse Private School Program
As the nation’s only lacrosse residency program, IMG Academy continues to revolutionize the sport. The program integrates the concepts and principles of both the indoor (box) and field versions of lacrosse, with comprehensive Performance training in an intensive player development format. Student-athletes find total individual development within a team format. By utilizing an expert coaching staff, innovative instruction, and an integrated academic, athletic, and sport-specific training approach, the IMG Academy lacrosse player graduates with the technical skills, game-level IQ, and strategic awareness essential to establishing a successful college career. There is no better place to become faster, stronger, more skilled and powerful as a player than IMG Academy. With its professional-quality facilities, world-class curriculum and expert coaching, the IMG Academy lacrosse program is where players go to become their best.
Explore everything about our Private School Program:
|Overview Academics College Placement|
International Students Student Life Admissions
Lacrosse Camp Facilities
Train where INNOVATION calls HOME.
Student-athletes will have full access to our 20+ multi-purpose fields, 40 foot lacrosse wall for skill development, 10,000 square-foot weight room and covered turf facility, multiple strategy rooms for video analysis.
By The Numbers
- Ages 13-19. Post-Graduate programs available
- National, Varsity and Middle School teams
- Position-specific instruction that enhances both individual and team performance
- Innovative lacrosse curriculum that integrates indoor (box) concepts and principles with field lacrosse
- Comprehensive analytics on player development and performance including biomechanical analysis, in-game performance breakdown and on-going performance analytics to help fine tune a player’s training program
- Professional quality 5,000-seat stadium and professional grade practice fields.
- 40,000-square-foot field house with home/visitor locker rooms, meeting rooms and strategy rooms
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with performance classes to facilitate total development
- Dedicated College Planning and Placement staff to mentor IMG Academy student-athlete and his family through the NCAA college recruitment process
- College-style A/B schedule that involves school in the first half of the day and sport training in the latter, or vice versa depending on sport and individual schedule. This allows for an ideal environment that enhances improvement in all aspects of academics and athletics.
|“Before coming to IMG Academy, I never thought my goal of attending an Ivy League university was even possible. Thanks to my team of coaches, teachers, and college advisors here, I have been able to not only improve my game on the field, but inside the classroom as well,”|
|Marc-Antoine Pion., IMG Academy lacrosse student-athlete|
Athletic and Personal Development
Athletic and Personal Development is the operating system for all sports. Utilizing a revolutionary training curriculum that addresses all key areas, it promotes athletic progression, character development, leadership and overall personal evolution.
Three Pillars of Training
1 – Core Training
Core Training consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week), Mental Conditioning (once per week), Nutrition (1-2 classes per semester) and Leadership Training (1-2 per semester). It also includes access to certified Athletic Trainers who cover practices and competitions as well as an athletic training room available for students for injury prevention and recovery. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training as part of their sport programming.
2 – Performance Classes
As part of the sport curriculum, all student-athletes receive four Athletic & Personal Development classes each school year. Each class lasts for 7 weeks. The classes are selected by the sport director and coaches based on what they feel will benefit the student-athlete the most, with students then rotating to a different class for each 7-week period. Each class has a tailored sport-specific curriculum. Classes include:
|Leadership 1||Leadership 2|
|Nutrition 1||Nutrition 2|
|Science of Speed 1||Science of Speed 2|
|Vision Training 1||Vision Training 2|
|Mental Toughness||Stress Management|
|Empowered Female Athletes||Yoga|
3 – Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline like mental conditioning or nutrition? Delivered in a one-on-one setting, a la carte additional services can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.
Your next level awaits.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Private School program.