Building on the foundational curriculum provided in our one-week camps, the progressive IMG Academy 3-Week Summer Camps allow players to experience three weeks of professional-quality training. IMG Academy coaches create an intensive but fun learning environment of competition that enables players at every summer camp to build confidence on and off the field. Our most popular summer camp - a progressive, intensive experience that will help prepare you for the upcoming season!
Players that participate in 3-Week Summer Camps will learn/experience:
- Building a solid foundation with individual skills and techniques, including stick-handling, cradling, stick protection, dodging, shooting, passing and catching in tight situations, and ground ball technique. These skills and techniques will be taught specific to each position and emphasized in both the field and indoor (box) settings.
- A player-centric capacity to make read-and-react decisions on-and off-the-ball. Concepts will be developed using traditional offensive and defensive sets, as applied in the field and indoor (box) settings, as well as applications for emerging and advanced innovative concepts.
- A capacity to capitalize on transition, unsettled and uneven situations using a high-pressure, up-tempo mindset and approach.
The 3-Week Summer Camps are the most popular with a progressive, intensive experience that will help prepare you for the upcoming season or a tournament! In addition to the Core training program that’s included, you can upgrade to the TOTAL ATHLETE training program.
3-Week Camp Details
- Ages 10-19
- Sunday, January 4 - Saturday, January 24
- Sunday, January 25 - Saturday, February 14
- Sunday, February 15 - Saturday, March 7
- Sunday, May 24 - Saturday, June 13
- Sunday, June 14 - Saturday, July 4
- Sunday, July 5 - Saturday, July 25
- Sunday, July 26 - Saturday, August 25
- Sunday, November 29 - Saturday, December 19
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- Please note that girls camps are only available during the weeks of July 7th, July 14th and July 21st.
- 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Daily: 4.5 hours of on-field training/scrimmaging, 1 hour of physical conditioning (speed/strength), 30 minutes of video analysis/classroom sessions
- Weekly: 4 hours/week of box (indoor) training, Mental Conditioning, college recruiting education, beach lax on Fridays
- Individual player evaluation and video analysis provided after the camp to continue development
- Personal attention to pinpoint areas of improvement, including stick work, shooting, ground balls, face-offs, dodging, stick protection, strength, speed, stamina and confidence
Sample Daily Schedule
|7:45-8:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Training|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
3-Week Camp Benefits
- Three weeks of expert instruction, match play and social activities, while having fun with other athletes from around the world.
- You can work on your game while improving your grades, working on college credit, becoming more comfortable with the English language or preparing for the SAT's (see below)
- With over 90 different countries represented by our student population, training at IMG Academy is the multi-cultural experience of a lifetime!
Utilize the versatile and unique qualities of IMG Academy by signing up for the Camp plus Education. IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for players to attend training and get ahead with SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a 3-week period allows a player to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like by completing coursework and a rigorous training curriculum. It is designed for players who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes athletic training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus.
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of training and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
3-Week Summer Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Camp: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Camp: For participants 12 – 19, a half-day of training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.