IMG Academy 5-Week Summer Lacrosse Camps are for lacrosse players of all levels to experience on-field instruction from coaches with vast indoor (box) and field expertise, position-specific skill work, video analysis, and lacrosse-specific Physical Conditioning and Mental Conditioning led by Athletic & Personal Development program experts. The camps are designed for players of all skill levels who want to enjoy the combination of exceptional lacrosse instruction, cutting-edge performance training and a fun-filled experience as they work to become a bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter athlete. Five-week lacrosse camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular lacrosse camp options.
With multiple options (five weeks of only lacrosse or a combination of lacrosse + high school classes, SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes), the IMG Academy 5-Week Summer Lacrosse Camps can get you ready for the next school year. Five-week lacrosse camps are the ultimate progressive training experience and one of our most-popular lacrosse camp options.
All campers receive five week of the core lacrosse camp with the ability to upgrade to the TOTAL ATHLETE training programs.
5-Week Lacrosse Camp Details
- Ages 12-19
- Dates: 2014 summer camp dates available soon
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- Please note that girls lacrosse camps are only available during the weeks of July 7th, July 14th and July 21st.
- 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Daily: 4.5 hours of on-field training/scrimmaging, 1 hour of physical conditioning (speed/strength), 30 minutes of video analysis/classroom sessions
- Weekly: 4 hours/week of box (indoor) training, Mental Conditioning, college recruiting education, beach lax on Fridays
- Individual player evaluation and video analysis provided after the camp to continue development
- Personal attention to pinpoint areas of improvement, including stick work, shooting, ground balls, face-offs, dodging, stick protection, strength, speed, stamina and confidence
Sample Daily Schedule
|7:45-8:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Training|
|9:00-11:00am||On-Field Lacrosse Training|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|3:00-5:30pm*||On-Field Lacrosse Training|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
5-Week Lacrosse Camp Benefits
- A month-plus of expert lacrosse instruction, match play and social activities, while having fun with other athletes from around the world.
- You can work on your game while improving your grades, working on college credit, becoming more comfortable with the English language or preparing for the SAT's (see below)
- With over 90 different countries represented by our student population, training at IMG Academy is the multi-cultural experience of a lifetime!
Utilize the versatile and unique qualities of IMG Academy by signing up for the Lacrosse and Education summer camp. IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for players to train on the field and get ahead in the classroom with advanced high school classes, SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a 5-week period allows a player to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like by completing coursework and a rigorous lacrosse training curriculum. It is designed for players who need to accomplish necessary tasks for school, while also wanting to have fun and improve their game. The weekday schedule includes lacrosse training in the morning and class work in the afternoon with the weekends free to enjoy the surrounding attractions and experience the IMG Academy campus.
IMG Academy provides schedules for student athletes to train and study on campus. Classes include:
- English – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Social Science – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Mathematics – 4 subjects available. Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half day of Lacrosse and a half day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
5-Week Summer Lacrosse Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their sport at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Lacrosse: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of lacrosse training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Lacrosse: For participants 12 – 19, a half-day of lacrosse and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.