By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life.
However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
The number of IMG Academy student-athletes who go on to noted universities and the scholarships they earn tell the story. The past four IMG Academy graduating classes have featured a total of 326 student-athletes attending Division-I universities and 142 attending schools ranked in the top 100 by U.S. News & World Report, with each class collectively averaging more than $1.2 million in scholarships for their freshman year alone.
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
IMG Academy’s educational elements also include:
- College-style class formats and class availability for more than 10 hours each day allowing maximum academic scheduling flexibility
- 13 languages spoken among faculty
- 19 faculty members have earned a Master’s Degree
- Classes incorporate Harkness Method of teaching to encourage creativity and communication
- Multiple Advanced Placement and honors classes offered
- University & Language Center helps international students become proficient in speaking and writing the English language
- College Planning and Placement Center helps create an individualized plan for finding and gaining acceptance to the college that best fits each student-athletes goals and needs.
- Partnership with the University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee and Nova Southeastern University for students looking to earn college credit while attending IMG Academy
- More than 100 web-based courses for students whose athletic competition schedule requires them to be off campus more than 50% of the time. A dedicated online supervisor monitors online students
- Enhanced online communication program connects parents, student-athletes, teachers and staff. Exam results, daily homework completion and classroom behavior assessments are reported through this program.
- All faculty members provide special sessions in the evenings to work with students who need extra help, want to get ahead with their assignments or like working after class with their teachers
IMG Academy will launch its middle school and high school Track & Field and Cross Country program for the 2013-2014 school year. Led by one of the most successful coaches in the sport’s history, Loren Seagrave, the director of the IMG Academy Track & Field and Cross Country program combines experienced coaching with science-based training to maximize effectiveness in all track & field events. With more than 40 years of experience coaching youth, high school, collegiate and Olympic athletes, Coach Seagrave represents one of the most successful track & field coaches in the sport’s history. By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. To learn more about the Track & Field and Cross Country program, call our Admissions Office at 1.800.872.6425.
Having coached more than 140 NCAA All-Americans, 5 NCAA championship-winning teams and more than 50 World Championships and Olympic medalists, Seagrave brings that same level of proven instruction mixed with cutting-edge technology to the youth level.
Available in a track & field-only or multi-sport (track & field paired with another IMG Academy sport) format, the program includes training in all track & field events, with student-athletes competing in Florida High School Athletic Association, USA Track & Field, AAU Junior Olympic and open/invitational competitions. Student-athletes will work directly with Seagrave – one of the founding fathers of coaching education in the U.S. and the International Association of Athletics Federations’ head of curriculum development for sprint and hurdle – or experts in their discipline.
Athletic and Personal Development Training
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.