- Director of Athletic and Personal Development
- With IMG Since: 2010
- Hometown: Glasgow, Scotland
- Languages Spoken: English
Hesse trained as an Organizational Psychologist where he specialized in business transformation and organizational change working with multi-national companies across numerous business sectors and government departments. In 2007 he completed his Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology from Loughborough University, England. During this time he set up his own consultancy business specializing in performance psychology in both business and sport which led to contracts with national sport federations, national governing bodies and elite athletes in the United Kingdom. Immediately prior to joining IMG Academy as Assistant Director, Hesse was working with the management team at sportscotland Institute of Sport helping Scottish sport gear up for the London 2012 Olympics and Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Master of Sciences in Sport and Exercise Psychology, University of Loughborough, England
- Master of Sciences in Organizational Psychology, University of Sheffield, England
- Master of Arts in Psychology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Chartered Sports Psychologist with British Psychological Society
- Accredited Sport Scientist (Psychology) with British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Hesse, D. & Lavallee, D. (2010) . Career transitions in Football coaches. Athletic Insight: The online journal of Sport Psychology.
- Career Transitions in professional football coaches”. Article written for the Football Association. Published in FA INSIGHT (coaching publication) Spring 2008
- Effective mental preparation”, editorial commentary, article written and published in Edinburgh Evening News, 1st July 2009.
- Worked in management consultancy for seven years
- Set up his own consultancy business specializing in performance psychology
- Played soccer for Edinburgh, Sheffield and Loughborough Universities
- Captained the Edinburgh University Soccer club
- Runner up in the British University Championship (1996-1997)
- Played first team soccer (1994 -1997)
- Part of the winning team at Scottish Universities Championship