- Zachary Dash
Johnson Cheung of Hong Kong, China wins IMG Academy Football Gatorade G-Award Week of June 17
Every week at least one athlete from each sport will earn the Gatorade G-Award/IMG Academy Athlete of the Week for displaying Heart, Hustle and Soul, and exhibiting a true desire to reach their true athletic potential.
The IMG Academy Football winner of the Gatorade G-Award/IMG Academy Athletes of the Week Award is Johnson Cheung from Hong Kong, China.
1. How long have you been playing football for?
I have played for five-weeks in total. Last year I played WR for 3-weeks at IMG Academy and this week I have played 2-weeks.
2. Who is your coach?
Coach Michael Hawthorne.
3. What is your favorite thing about IMG Academy and why?
The position specific drills like one-on-one. For example, Coach Hawthorne doesn’t just tell you what to do. He lets you do what you want first, but then he will critique you and show you how you are supposed to do it.
4. Do you have any pre-game rituals that help you prepare for a big game?
I drink Recovery Gatorade.
5. What professional athlete inspires you the most?
Brandon Flowers because he is a corner and only 5-foot-nine. Although he is small, he is also very physical.
6. What is your favorite thing to do after you win a game?
I like to stick around after the game and just enjoy the moment. I soak it in with my teammates.
7. What motivates you to push through a tough practice?
I think that because I have travelled so far away from home, it motivates me to make the most out of the practice. I am only here for so long.
Photo by: Zachary Dash