- Johnny Esfeller
Twenty-one IMG Academy trainees selected in 2014 NFL Draft
The IMG Academy NFL Pre-Combine/Draft program capped off another successful season with the conclusion of the 2014 NFL Draft, as 21 of 26 draft eligible trainees heard their names called at Radio City Music Hall in New York. The program's trainees made a splash in the first-round with six first-rounders, nearly tying the program's best from the year prior (seven first-round picks in 2013). Once the second-round got underway, another 15 members of the IMG Academy class of 2014 would earn a place in this year's Draft.
The full list of IMG Academy trained Draftees:
- No. 8 Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State, CB) to the Cleveland Browns
- No. 11 Taylor Lewan (Michigan, OT) to the Tennessee Titans
- No. 15 Ryan Shazier (Ohio State, LB) to the Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 16 Zack Martin (Notre Dame, OT) to the Dallas Cowboys
- No. 17 C.J. Mosley (Alabama, LB) to the Baltimore Ravens
- No. 32 Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville, QB) to the Minnesota Vikings
- No. 14 (46 ovr.) Stephon Tuitt (Notre Dame, OL) to the Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 15 (47 ovr.) Trent Murphy (Stanford, LB) to the Washington Redskins
- No. 18 (50 ovr.) Jeremiah Attachou (Georgia Tech, DE) to the San Diego Chargers
- No. 23 (55 ovr.) Jeremy Hill (LSU, RB) to the Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 27 (59 ovr.) Jack Mewhort (Ohio State, OL), to the Indianapolis Colts
- No. 25 (89 ovr.) Chris Watt (Notre Dame, OL) to the San Diego Chargers
- No. 28 (92 ovr.) Trai Turner (LSU, OL) to the Carolina Panthers
- No. 29 (93 ovr.) Brandon Linder (Miami, OL) to the Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 30 (94 ovr.) Terrance West (Towson, RB) to the Cleveland Browns
- No. 24 (124) De'Anthony Thomas (Oregon, RB) to the Kansas City Chiefs
- No. 15 (155 ovr.) Arthur Lynch (Georgia, TE) to the Miami Dolphins
- No. 16 (156 ovr.) Lamin Barrow (LSU, LB) to the Denver Broncos
- No. 18 (158 ovr.) Caraun Reid (Princeton, DT) to the Detroit Lions
- No. 19 (159 ovr.) Chris Smith (Arkansas, DE) to the Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 39 (215 ovr.) Daniel McCullers (Tennessee, DT) to the Pittsburgh Steelers
For nearly two decades, top NFL Draft prospects have selected IMG Academy to prepare for the biggest test of their lives. Players eat, sleep and train on the IMG Academy campus, with 24/7 access to top-notch resources and facilities including: a football stadium and multiple practice fields; covered turf training area; state-of-the-art weight room; eight-lane track; Gatorade Sports Science Institute; wellness spa; medical office; and physical therapy facility operated by the world leader in orthopedics, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS).
In addition to daily position-specific training by a team of former NFL players and coaches, participants receive education and training from leading experts in areas like strength training, speed training, mental toughness, vision training, media training/personal brand building, and sports nutrition. Top sports performance companies like Under Armour, Gatorade, Motus Global, ALINE, Dymatize, SPRI, Trigger Point Performance, and Powerful Yogurt provide product and service support. Last year’s class of IMG Academy NFL Combine/Draft trainees featured 18 first and second round Draft picks, including: Luke Joeckel (#2 overall, Jacksonville Jaguars); Sheldon Richardson (#13 overall, New York Jets); Eric Reid (#18 overall, San Francisco 49ers); Tyler Eifert (#21 overall, Cincinnati Bengals); Sharrif Floyd (#23 overall, Minnesota Vikings); Bjoern Werner (#24 overall, Indianapolis Colts); DeAndre Hopkins (#27 overall, Houston Texans); Geno Smith (#39 overall, New York Jets); and Eddie Lacy (#61 overall, Green Bay Packers).
Earlier members of the IMG Academy NFL Combine/Draft and/or Off-Season Training Program include: Drew Brees; Tony Romo; Luke Kuechly; Ryan Tannehill; Alfred Morris; Russell Wilson; Randall Cobb; Eli Manning; LaDainian Tomlinson; Alex Smith; Anthony Castonzo; Cam Newton; and Christian Ponder.
Photo by: Getty Images