About David DaSilva
David coordinated Sport Psychology services at Barry University, which included consultations and workshops with the soccer, golf, rowing, tennis, and basketball teams. David also served as a research assistant (which included data collection and assessment using various psycho-physiological techniques such as EEG, EMG, ECG, and GSR) and co-taught an undergraduate course in sport and exercise psychology. After completing a Master of Science degree at Barry University in Miami Shores, David was hired as the mental conditioning director at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton, Florida. After spending several years practicing and honing his skills with young students, adults and professionals training at Evert, David joined the mental conditioning staff at IMG Academy in October 2009. David is also in charge of the vision training program, an exercise program for the eyes that results in improved visual ability.
- MS in Movement Science (Sport & Exercise Psychology), Barry University 2002-2003
- BA in Psychology, New Hampshire College 1996-2000
- AASP (Association for Applied Sport Psychology)- Certified Consultant # 275
- Played for four years, soccer varsity team New Hampshire College 1996-2000
- Professional Soccer Trainee for Division 1 and 2 teams in Portugal
- Soccer coach to various clubs and camps in the U.S. and South Africa