About Jason Elias
Jason Elias joined IMG Academy in 2006 with a focus on Outfield Development and new-revenue initiative development. He served as the IMG Academy Head Junior Varsity Coach from January 2008-August 2011. Over the period of June 2008 – August 2012, Jason led the summer wood bat program’s growth/player development functions from a two team endeavor to a program that has a staff of 15+ coaches, 200+ players and 16 teams.
Jason was named the Head Varsity Coach in August 2011 and led all program on-field duties including oversight of all player development activity and college placement. During his time as the Head Coach, Elias led the program to three National Tournament wins including the 2012 Sarasota Classic, the 2013 IMG National Classic and the 2013 Cleats Classic Invitational in Scottsdale, AZ. Over 90% of players went on to play competitively at the collegiate level and two players signed professional contracts.
Jason moved into the role of Student-Athlete Advisor in April of 2013 with the goal of continuing to help IMG bring in the ideal candidates for enrollment in the prestigious Academy Program. He believes in helping student athletes achieve their individual potential while “teaching them about life through the game of baseball”. Jason married his wife Christina Elias in June 2012. The couple welcomes their first child, Thoms William (aka "Will") in April 2015. The Elias family resides in Sarasota, FL.
- BA in Business Administration from Baldwin-Wallace College, 2003
- MBA in Marketing from Youngstown State University, 2005
- Master of Sport Administration from Ohio University, 2007
- Played four years at Baldwin-Wallace College - Berea, OH (1999-2003)
- Two Time Yellow Jacket Award Winner: Award given to the BW Student-Athlete that exemplifies athletically, academically, and off the field what a student-athlete at BW should strive to be like (2001, 2003)
- Private Instruction - Warren , OH (2000-2007)
- Assistant GM Penn-Ohio Baseball Club, Warren, OH (2005)
- Warren G. Harding HS, Warren, OH, Assistant (2004-2005)
- Warren G. Harding HS, Warren, OH, Associate Head Coach (2006)