Girls Basketball Boarding School Program
The IMG Academy girls basketball program, led by a former D-I and WNBA player/coach, offers the type of encouraging and competitive learning environment needed for any player to maximize her ability. With a structured, challenging and motivating environment led by coaches who understand what it takes to perform at the next level, the IMG Academy girls basketball program is recognized as the nation’s best for total development.
Explore everything about our Boarding School Program:
|Overview Academics College Placement|
International Students Student Life Admissions
Train where INNOVATION calls HOME.
Student-athletes will have full access to our 4 pro-style basketball courts, 10,000 square-foot weight room and covered turf facility, multiple strategy rooms for video analysis.
By The Numbers
- Ages 13 – 19. Post-Graduate programs available
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Performance classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development
- Program led by Director Shell Dailey, former player at University of Texas and coach at multiple D-I and WNBA teams
- Position-specific instruction from a team of former collegiate and professional basketball players
- On-court training includes drill work that addresses the fundamentals in all areas of the game
- Four regulation hardwood courts, professional-quality locker rooms and strategy rooms to break down film
- College-style A/B schedule that involves school in the first half of the day and sport training in the latter, or vice versa depending on sport and individual schedule. This allows for an ideal environment that enhances improvement in all aspects of academics and athletics.
|“After meeting Coach Dailey, I knew she was the person and coach to prepare my daughter to reach her dream of playing in college. IMG Academy prepared her to balance school, rigorous practices and teammate bonding, and helped her obtain her dream of playing at the D-1 level,”|
|Jill G., mother of IMG Academy alumna|
Athletic and Personal Development
Athletic and Personal Development is the operating system for all sports. Utilizing a revolutionary training curriculum that addresses all key areas, it promotes athletic progression, character development, leadership and overall personal evolution.
Three Pillars of Training
1 – Core Training
Core Training consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week), Mental Conditioning (once per week), Nutrition (1-2 classes per semester) and Leadership Training (1-2 per semester). It also includes access to certified Athletic Trainers who cover practices and competitions as well as an athletic training room available for students for injury prevention and recovery. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training as part of their sport programming.
2 – Performance Classes
As part of the sport curriculum, all student-athletes receive four Athletic & Personal Development classes each school year. Each class lasts for 7 weeks. The classes are selected by the sport director and coaches based on what they feel will benefit the student-athlete the most, with students then rotating to a different class for each 7-week period. Each class has a tailored sport-specific curriculum. Classes include:
|Leadership 1||Leadership 2|
|Nutrition 1||Nutrition 2|
|Science of Speed 1||Science of Speed 2|
|Vision Training 1||Vision Training 2|
|Mental Toughness||Stress Management|
|Empowered Female Athletes||Yoga|
3 – Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline like mental conditioning or nutrition? Delivered in a one-on-one setting, a la carte additional services can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.
The court is waiting.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Boarding School program.