Structured to build upon learned skills with a progressive training program, the IMG Academy 3-Week Girls Camp can help players of all ability levels increase their on-court performance. Our most popular camp option - a progressive, intensive experience that will help prepare you for the upcoming season!
Led by Director Shell Dailey, who has WNBA coaching experience, the IMG Academy staff will teach you fundamental and advanced position-specific techniques to help you reach your true potential. You will experience/learn:
- Technical elements: Ball-handling, finishing, shooting form, rebounding, footwork
- Game situations: Spacing, movement off of a screen, 1-on-1 attacking and defense
- Advanced techniques: Reading a defense, fast breaks, post moves, running a team as a point guard, creating your shot, help defense
- Physical performance: Increase speed/agility, build explosive power, increase endurance, reduce chance of injury
- Mental: Confidence, focus, game, preparation, attitude
Each camper will experience three weeks of the core training camp consisting of position-specific drills and instruction by the girls program staff, classroom video sessions, scrimmages and off-court Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic & Personal Development program specialists, as well as the option to upgrade to THE TOTAL ATHLETE training camp.
3-Week Camp Details
- Ages: 7th grade – 12th grade
- Sunday, December 28, 2014 - Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Sunday, January 18, 2015 - Saturday, February 7, 2015
- Sunday, February 8, 2015 - Saturday, February 28, 2015
- Sunday, November 29, 2015 - Saturday, December 19, 2015
- Remember, if these dates don’t work for your schedule, you can also customize your stay by bundling multiple weekly camps together!
- Mix of on-court drill work and scrimmaging
- Players will be exposed to basketball education in the form of lectures, film sessions, and team demonstrations to develop their basketball I.Q.’s.
- Daily: 4 hours of on-court training, 1.5 hours of organized scrimmages, 1 hour of Physical Conditioning (speed/strength training)
- Weekly evaluations that separate athletes into skill-specific groups
- Player evaluations will be given to each player at the conclusion of their stay.
Sample Daily Schedule
|10:00-10:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Programs|
|1:00-1:45pm||Individual work/Shooting practice|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|4:00-5:15pm||Optional Individual work/Shooting practice|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
- Progression-based training helps you reach your true potential as a player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Athletes from around the world in multiple sports
Utilize the versatile and unique qualities of IMG Academy by signing up for the Basketball and Education camp. IMG Academy is offering the opportunity for players to attend training and get ahead with SAT prep classes, ESL classes or TOEFL prep classes.
The comprehensive schedule over a 3-week period allows a player to experience first-hand what being an IMG Academy student-athlete is like.
3-Week Camp + SAT/College Prep
College admission is more competitive than ever before. Just as you wouldn’t enter a competition without practicing, you shouldn’t take the SAT or ACT without knowing exactly what you’ll encounter on the test. With a half-day of basketball and a half-day of SAT preparation, you’ll be ready to achieve a better score and improve your chances of gaining entrance to your college of choice.
The SAT/College Prep class is taught for four hours per day in small class sizes. It covers all the SAT/ACT topics including Algebra, Geometry, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Rhetorical Writing, Current Events and Writing and Style.
3-Week Camp + English Options
IMG Academy offers two options for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their skills at the same time.
- Academic English/TOEFL Prep + Sport Camp: For participants age 15-19 who wish to prepare for an exam in their home country or for entrance into an American university. After a half-day of training, participants will study reading/writing, academic test preparation and practice, sample TOEFL exams, and develop their advanced English skills.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Sport Camp: For participants 10 – 19, a half-day of training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
These programs are designed for visitors to the United States and no I-20s are issued for these programs. For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.