The Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open is an exciting international event limited to boys and girls looking to take their tennis skill development to the next level. Players will compete at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL from May 30 – June 2, 2014. The boy and girl winners from each age bracket will return to IMG Academy for a week of tennis camp, where they will get an evaluation from Nick Bollettieri and the other IMG Academy tennis staff to have the opportunity to be given a one-year “full academic and sport scholarship” and continue training/competing against the best athletes in the world at the best facilities in the world.
In addition to the on-court tournament, players will be evaluated in using principles of Ignite Performance Training. Ignite 360 is the global measurement standard for improved sport performance. Creating a benchmark through evaluation, and customized planning targeted towards improving athletic performance. The Ignite 360 provides a performance profile illustrating the athlete’s scores from three main elements; Self Discipline, Athleticism & Movement.
How to Enter...
To participate in the Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open, email short highlight video or your tournament resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The top players in each age group based on the highlight video, international tournament experience and verifiable national rankings will be chosen to play by the tournament committee. The entry deadline to apply is April 30. Cost is $95 to compete if selected.
Have Your Event Become A Regional Qualifying Event...
As an “Official Qualifying Event” for the Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open, your event will be held to a higher standard throughout the tennis industry. With this great honor comes great responsibility and there are several benefits as well as requirements that are essential to ensuring that the Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open is providing the very best experience possible for all players, coaches, spectators and their affiliations. The winners of your qualifying event will gain an automatic entry into the 2014 Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open and also be awarded a free week of camp (valued at $1,900) leading up to the start of the Discovery Open Tournament.
Contact Blake Ulrich if you are interested in hosting a Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open Qualifier. Email Blake at email@example.com
Benefits of becoming an Official Qualifying Event:
- Your tournament will receive a highlighted calendar spot on the Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open website as an official qualifier.
- Opportunity for your event to promote a unique grand prize for your event - the winners of your event will earn an AUTOMATIC SPOT into 2014 Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open earning the opportunity to be given a full academic and sport scholarship to the IMG Academy.
- The winners of your tournament will also be awarded a free week of camp to IMG Academy prior to the start of the Discovery Open. That player will receive an evaluation by our coaches before the tournament begins. Camp days would be May 25-29, 2014.
- Affiliation with professional level IMG Performance events containing national media and sponsors such as PRINCE, Gatorade and Under Armour.
- Listed in all promotional materials including online, print, TV, radio and blogs associated with qualifying events.
Jumpstart Your College Recruiting
BeRecruited is the #1 network for high school athletes seeking recruitment from college coaches-- where 1.5 million athletes meet over 25,000 coaches. Create an athlete profile and share your best stats and videos with the coaches on your target list.
We're honored to be the Official Recruiting Partner for IMG Academy athletes. Create your FREE online profile here.
|NBDO Age Eligibilities (ITF Rules):|
To compete in the 12 & Under division, you must be born in the year 2002 or 2003
April 30, 2014 at 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time
Players will be chosen based on resume, international experience and verifiable national rankings by the tournament committee
Stay tuned for link to watch the 2014 Nick Bollettieri Discovery Open
ITF rules with best 2 out of 3 sets
Eight age group winners will receive a one-week tennis camp and evaluation from Nick Bollettieri and the other IMG Academy tennis staff. There will be then an opportunity to win a full scholarship to the IMG Academy academic year. Trophies for winners and runners-up