Playing in sectional qualifiers all over the country yesterday, five golfers with ties to the IMG Academy golf program earned spots in the 2011 U.S. Open at Congressional.
* Cheng-Tsung Pan, Class of 2011. Headed to University of Washington. (T2, 5-under, 138 at Canoe Brook CC in New Jersey)
* Mike Barbosa, IMG Academy Leadbetter golf program alum. Graduated from Georgia Tech. (T2, 3-under, 141 at Quail Valley GC in Florida)
* Ty Tryon, IMG Academy Leadbetter golf program alum. (T3, 7-under 135 at Woodmont CC in Maryland)
* Christo Greyling, IMG Academy Leadbetter golf program alum. (T4, 6-under 136 at Woodmont CC)
* Peter Uihlein, IMG Academy Leadbetter golf program alum. Oklahoma State. (Automatic qualifier for being U.S. Amateur champ)
IMG Academy Leadbetter golf program alums Andres Echavarria and Emiliano Grillo also just missed on qualifying, with both serving as first alternates should a player ahead of them pull out from the tournament.
The 111th U.S. Open will be played at Congressional June 16-19.
Pan was featured in a recent video about the IMG Academy golf program experience. Watch it here!