By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life.
However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
The number of IMG Academy student-athletes who go on to noted universities and the scholarships they earn tell the story. The past four IMG Academy graduating classes have featured a total of 326 student-athletes attending Division-I universities and 142 attending schools ranked in the top 100 by U.S. News & World Report, with each class collectively averaging more than $1.2 million in scholarships for their freshman year alone.
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
IMG Academy’s educational elements also include:
- College-style class formats and class availability for more than 10 hours each day allowing maximum academic scheduling flexibility
- 13 languages spoken among faculty
- 19 faculty members have earned a Master’s Degree
- Classes incorporate Harkness Method of teaching to encourage creativity and communication
- Multiple Advanced Placement and honors classes offered
- University & Language Center helps international students become proficient in speaking and writing the English language
- College Planning and Placement Center helps create an individualized plan for finding and gaining acceptance to the college that best fits each student-athletes goals and needs.
- Partnership with the University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee and Nova Southeastern University for students looking to earn college credit while attending IMG Academy
- More than 100 web-based courses for students whose athletic competition schedule requires them to be off campus more than 50% of the time. A dedicated online supervisor monitors online students
- Enhanced online communication program connects parents, student-athletes, teachers and staff. Exam results, daily homework completion and classroom behavior assessments are reported through this program.
- All faculty members provide special sessions in the evenings to work with students who need extra help, want to get ahead with their assignments or like working after class with their teachers
The IMG Academy Bollettieri Tennis program sets the standard by which all tennis academies are measured. A pioneer in the industry, our tennis program has developed champions at every level of the game and continues to produce complete players who have the technical, tactical, physical and mental skill to dominate the competition in any setting.
Guided by the iconic Nick Bollettieri, who still spends his days on the courts working with IMG Academy student-athletes, and led by Director Rohan Goetzke, IMG Academy’s world-class coaching, facilities and teach methodologies all help maintain it as the global leader in tennis training.
Tennis students are split into two sessions-morning or afternoon-with students in both receiving multiple hours of on-court training per day that includes match-simulation drills and match play. Students are then split into teams, led by our most senior and respected coaches, where they will train daily and compete against other student-athletes of similar ability.
Off the court, all student-athletes utilize the cutting-edge “Mission Room” for video analysis of their play and technique to enhance their match play skill and learn proper shot combinations to minimize open-court opportunities for the opponent.
Athletic and Personal Development Training
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.