Tennis Private School Program
The IMG Academy tennis program sets the standard by which all tennis academies are measured. Founded in the 1970s, our program is known world-wide as the premier training destination for athletes of all levels and abilities. With a program built on the fundamentals of founder and International Tennis Hall of Fame member Nick Bollettieri, our group of expert coaches are led by former Technical Director of Dutch Tennis Federation and current Tennis Director Rohan Goetzke.
Student-athletes are split into two sessions-morning or afternoon- where players receive multiple hours of on-court training per day that includes match-simulation drills and match play. Off the court, students will analyze their play and technique through video analysis to enhance match play skills and learn proper shot combinations to minimize open-court opportunities for the opponent. With personalized instruction and ongoing physical and mental conditioning, our players will heighten their court IQ and bring more power, strength, and finesse to each slam.
Explore everything about our Private School Program:
|Overview Academics College Placement|
International Students Student Life Admissions
Train where INNOVATION calls HOME.
Student-athletes have access to more than 50 courts (indoor, hard,. and clay), a 10,000 square foot weight room and a Mission Room for match strategy.
- Ages 8-10 (non-boarding), 11-19. Post-Graduate programs available.
- The world's top collection of tennis coaches including the legendary Nick Bollettieri, coach of 10 worldwide No. 1's, and Tennis Director Rohan Goetzke, former Technical Director of the Dutch Tennis Federation.
- 52 tennis courts (indoor, hard, and clay) equipped with V1 video analysis technology and strategy rooms.
- Train next to some of the world's top ATP and WTA players, who often come to IMG Academy to work on their own game.
- Receive regular evaluation reports.
- College-style A/B schedule that involves school in the first half of the day and sport training in the latter, or vice versa depending on sport and individual schedule. This allows for an ideal environment that enhances improvement in all aspects of academics and athletics.
- In the past three years, tennis student-athletes have committed to universities such as Arizona, Carnegie Mellon, Clemson, Duke, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Johns Hopkins, LSU, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and many more.
|“I love IMG Academy, as it is the epitome of hard work, which is needed to become the best, yet Nick Bollettieri and his staff always ensure that we have fun while training.”|
|Sabine Lisicki, IMG Academy alumnus and WTA star|
Athletic and Personal Development
Athletic and Personal Development is the operating system for all sports. Utilizing a revolutionary training curriculum that addresses all key areas, it promotes athletic progression, character development, leadership, and overall personal evolution.
Three Pillars of Training
1 – Core Training
Core Training consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week), Mental Conditioning (once per week), Nutrition (1-2 classes per semester), and Leadership Training (1-2 per semester). It also includes access to certified Athletic Trainers who cover practices and competitions, as well as an athletic training room available for students for injury prevention and recovery. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training as part of their sport programming.
2 – Performance Classes
As part of the sport curriculum, all student-athletes receive 4 Athletic & Personal Development classes each school year. Each class lasts for 7 weeks. The classes are selected by the sport director and coaches based on what they feel will benefit the student-athlete the most, with students then rotating to a different class for each 7-week period. Each class has a tailored sport-specific curriculum. Classes include:
|Leadership 1||Leadership 2|
|Nutrition 1||Nutrition 2|
|Science of Speed 1||Science of Speed 2|
|Vision Training 1||Vision Training 2|
|Mental Toughness||Stress Management|
|Empowered Female Athletes||Yoga|
3 – Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline like mental conditioning or nutrition? Delivered in a one-on-one setting, à la carte additional services can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.
Game. Set. Match.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Private School program.