Tennis instruction at the IMG Academy Bollettieri Tennis program provides a solid foundation for the pursuit of success. The Bollettieri Tennis program sets the standard by which all tennis academies are measured. A pioneer in the industry, our tennis program has developed champions at every level of the game.
By pairing elite academics with world-class tennis instruction and athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
- Ages 8-10 (non-boarding), 11-19
- Post-Graduate programs available
- The world's top collection of tennis coaches, led by the legendary Nick Bollettieri, coach of 10 worldwide No. 1's, and Tennis Director Rohan Goetzke, former Technical Director of the Dutch Tennis Federation.
- Unmatched tennis facilities: 52 tennis courts (indoor, hard and clay) equipped with V1 video analysis technology and Mission Room for match strategy.
- College-style scheduling with tennis in the morning and school in the afternoon (or vice versa).
- Train next to some of the world's top ATP and WTA players, who often come to IMG Academy to work on their own game.
- Parents and students receive regular evaluation reports, which allows parents to be actively included in student development.
- In the past three years, tennis student-athletes have committed to universities such as Arizona, Carnegie Mellon, Clemson, Duke, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Johns Hopkins, LSU, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and many more. LEARN MORE >>
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development classes in other desciplines to fascilitate total development
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
The IMG Academy Bollettieri Tennis program sets the standard by which all tennis academies are measured. A pioneer in the industry, our tennis program has developed champions at every level of the game and continues to produce complete players who have the technical, tactical, physical and mental skill to dominate the competition in any setting.
The program is guided by the iconic Nick Bollettieri, who still spends his days on the courts working with IMG Academy student-athletes, and led by Director Rohan Goetzke. IMG Academy’s world-class tennis instruction, facilities and teaching methodologies help solidify its reputation as the global leader in tennis training.
Tennis students are split into two sessions-morning or afternoon-with students in both receiving multiple hours of on-court training per day that includes match-simulation drills and match play. Students are then split into teams, led by our most senior and respected coaches, where they will train daily and compete against other student-athletes of similar ability.
Off the court, all student-athletes utilize the cutting-edge “Mission Room” for video analysis of their play and technique to enhance their match play skill and learn proper shot combinations to minimize open-court opportunities for the opponent.
Andre Agassi, 8x Grand Slam winner
Boris Becker, 6x Grand Slam winner
Jim Courier, 4x Grand Slam winner
Tommy Haas, 12 ATP titles
Ryan Harrison, Youngest player to win ATP match
Martina Hingis, 5x Grand Slam winner
Jelena Jankovic, 12 WTA titles
Sabine Lisicki, 3 WTA titles
Xavier Malisse, 3 ATP titles
Max Mirnyi, 5x Grand Slam Doubles winner
Kei Nishikori, 2 ATP titles
Marcelo Rios, 18 ATP titles
Monica Seles, 9x Grand Slam winner
Maria Sharapova, 4x Grand Slam winner
Heather Watson, 1 WTA title
Serena Williams, 13x Grand Slam winner
Venus Williams, 7x Grand Slam winner
- 940 singles titles
- 441 doubles titles
- 12 Olympic Gold Medals
- 10 alumni have reached #1 in the world in singles
- 4 alumni have reached #1 in the world in doubles
- 86 Grand Slam singles titles
- 49 Grand Slam doubles titles (ATP, WTA, and ITF)
- 12 USTA Boys National Champion singles titles
- 20 Eddie Herr singles titles
- 31 Easter Bowl singles titles
- 17 Junior Grand Slam singles titles
- 11 Grade A singles titles
- 9 Grade A singles finalists
- 60 Division-1 signees since 2009
Athletic and Personal Development
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.