The IMG Academy football program is dedicated to developing the skills and mentality of the top young football players in the world. The varsity football team competed all over the state of Florida during the 2013-2014 school year and finished the season with a record of 9-2. The football academy is set to introduce a junior varsity team in 2014-2015 that will support the varsity team and add to the development capabilities that the IMG Academy football program offers.
By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. To learn more about the football program, call our Admissions Office at 1.800.872.6425 (Florida residents: 1.866.300.4331).
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development.
- Ages 11 – 19. Post-Graduate programs available.
- High school football training includes position-specific instruction and drills, 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 scrimmages, and classroom film work
- Private tutoring available through the IMG Academy Quarterback Club and other specialized programs
- Nation’s top high school football coaching staff, which includes multiple former NFL players and coaches
- Customized training available for players who have exhausted high school football eligibility, but want more preparation before enrolling in college
- Professional-quality football stadium that opened in summer 2013
- 40,000 sq foot field house with multiple professional grade locker rooms and meeting spaces
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
To play football at the collegiate level, student-athletes need instruction from experienced coaches who know how to get there and what it takes to succeed. The coaches within the football academy program have both the coaching expertise and playing pedigree that provides student-athletes with the ultimate training ground to become bigger, stronger, faster and smarter football players.
The football academy program offers position-specific instruction from former NCAA and NFL coaches.
Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
Anthony Castonzo, Indianapolis Colts
Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers
Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins
Mark Herzlich, New York Giants
Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers
Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings
Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
Dunta Robinson, Atlanta Falcons
Geno Smith, New York Jets
Rodger Saffold, St. Louis Rams
Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
Sheldon Richardson, New York Jets
Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
Athletic and Personal Development
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.