The IMG Academy offers players of all ability levels in grades 7-12 the chance to participate in a program that incorporates position-specific drilling, scrimmaging and off-court Athletic & Personal Development programs to enhance all aspects of their game. Come for a week or multiple weeks - weekly camps are an incredible, comprehensive basketball experience!
Every week includes a core training program with fundamental instruction in all aspects of the game, with a mix of scrimmages, classroom sessions and Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic & Personal Development specialists. All summer camp participants also have the option of optimizing their stay with THE TOTAL ATHLETE training program to accelerate their development.
- Ages: 7th grade – 12th grade
- Dates: Girls only camps are available June 17-July 26th. However, girls are welcome any other week throughout the summer they will just participate in the general camp programming.
- Mix of on-court drill work and scrimmaging
- Players will be exposed to education in the form of lectures, film sessions, and team demonstrations to develop their basketball I.Q.’s.
- Daily: 4 hours of on-court training, 1.5 hours of organized scrimmages, 1 hour of Physical Conditioning (speed/strength training)
- Weekly evaluations that separate athletes into skill-specific groups
- Player evaluations will be given to each player at the conclusion of their stay.
Sample Daily Schedule
|10:00-10:45am||Athletic & Personal Development Programs|
|1:00-1:45pm||Individual work/Shooting practice|
|2:00-3:00pm*||Total Athlete Training|
|4:00-5:15pm||Optional Individual work/Shooting practice|
*SAT, ESL, High School will take place Monday-Friday 1:00-5:00PM
- Progression-based training helps you reach your true potential as a player
- Nightly social activities on campus and weekly chaperoned trips to places like local beaches and amusement parks
- Athletes from around the world in multiple sports
- Multiple-week Advantage - Maximizes improvement and is the greatest camp value
IMG Academy offers an option for our international participants who wish to improve their English and their basketball skills at the same time.
- English as a Second Language/ESL + Sport Camp: For participants 13 – 19, a half-day of basketball training and a half-day of fun English activities focusing on vocabulary development. Fun interactive activities are combined with field trips and weekly vocabulary/grammar units on topics of general interest such as sports and recreation, food, health, the environment and travel.
For more information on our Camp + English options, CLICK HERE.