If you want to play soccer in college, IMG Academy is the palce to get it done. The IMG Academy girls soccer program is a direct pipeline to some of the nation’s top universities and the U.S. Women’s National team player pool.
By pairing elite academics with world-class athletic training, IMG Academy has established itself as a premier school for preparing student-athletes for their next step in life. However, academic enrichment and athletic skill development – though critically important – represent only a portion of the training that IMG Academy student-athletes receive. We instill the confidence that allows our student-athletes to aspire for anything that their mind can imagine, while providing the tools to help them reach those goals.
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Athletic and Personal Development classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development.
- Ages 12 – 19. Post-Graduate programs available.
- College-style scheduling with academics in the morning and training in the afternoon.
- Graduates in the past three years alone have gone on to schools like Arizona, Auburn, Bucknell, Duke, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Mississippi, SMU, Stetson, The Citadel, Vanderbilt and more
- The nation’s top coaching staff, led by Director Bobby Johnston, includes multiple coaches with USSF “A” license and national, professional and collegiate coaching/playing experience
- Notable recent team achievements: 2012 to FYSA State Cup finalist, 2011-12 CDL Club Champions, 2011 U-17 Disney Memorial Day Shootout champions, 2010 U.S. Club Soccer Florida Cup Champions, 2009 Orange Classic Champions, U-19 FYSA State Cup finalist 2009 and 2010
- 13 professional-quality Bermuda grass fields, locker rooms and video lecture halls for match analysis
- Compete in Florida Premier League
A fully accredited Pre-K – 12th grade school that includes Post-Graduate offerings, IMG Academy provides both a challenging and supportive environment that brings out the best in student-athletes.
Through small class sizes, a diverse and educated faculty, the encouragement of creativity and discussion, and one-on-one tutoring availability, IMG Academy has sent student-athletes to some of the highest-performing universities in the nation.
The IMG Academy girls soccer program is well known for the number of alumni and former trainees that have gone on to play soccer in college.
Led by Director Bobby Johnston and a staff of coaches with decades of experience coaching the girls game, IMG Academy offers the nation’s most effective program for developing talent and sending student-athletes to the collegiate level.
With five girls’ team (U-19, U-17, U-16, U-15 and U-14), IMG Academy teaches both the tactical and technical elements for elite play. Girls learn not only the proper fundamentals through position-specific instruction, but also game strategy that helps them become individually effective, while promoting team success.
(all U.S. WNT pool members)
Athletic and Personal Development
The Three Tiers of Training:
1. Athletic and Personal Development Classes
As a part of the curriculum, all student-athletes choose one Athletic and Personal Development class each semester to compliment their sport training based on individual needs. Here is a sample list of Athletic and Personal Development class options:
|Leadership||Science of Speed 1||Yoga|
|Nutrition 1||Science of Speed 2||Mental Toughness|
|Nutrition 2||Vision Training 1||Stress Management|
|Vision Training 2||SAT/ACT Preparation|
When it comes to helping prepare and send student-athletes to high-performing universities, IMG Academy’s proven record is unmatched. The reason? Personal support and knowledgeable guidance throughout the process from our collegiate acceptance and eligibility experts.
2. Core Training
Consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week) and Mental Conditioning (once per week) as well as Nutrition and Leadership Training classes delivered multiple times per semester. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training.
3. Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline? Delivered in a one-on-one or small-group setting, specialist tutoring can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.