About Ben Slingerland
After having spent 5 months in business development as the Soccer Sport Advisor at IMG, Ben has transitioned into the Lacrosse Program where he serves as the Business Manager. Having worked in Sports Marketing at Nike’s World Headquarters, the NCAA’s Office of Government Relations and Georgetown University’s Athletic Department, Ben brings lots of experience from the sports business world. Moreover, Ben comes from a lacrosse family as his brother, Eric, currently plays lacrosse at Harvard University and his sister Anna plays at Brooks Academy.
Ben will continue to grow out the IMG Academy Lacrosse program in the coming years. He welcomes families to visit with him on campus to tour the facility and meet the IMG Academy and the IMG Academy Lacrosse program administrative and coaching staffs.
- BA in English from Georgetown University, 2011
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management from Georgetown University, 2012
- Played five years of Division 1 collegiate soccer at Georgetown University – Washington, DC (2007-2011)
- Big East All-Academic Team every season, Scholar All-East Region Team honorable mention in 2011
- Played one year for DC United U23’s/Reserve Team – Washington, DC (2011)
- Interned at NIKE, Inc. World Headquarters – Beaverton, OR (2010)
- Interned in Georgetown’s Athletic Department Marketing Office – Washington, DC (2011)
- Interned at the NCAA Office of Government Relations – Washington, DC (2012)