Located in vibrant Bradenton, Florida, and just minutes from nearby Sarasota, IMG Academy sits within a short drive of many top attractions. The area is home to the white sandy beaches of Anna Maria Island, the seaside town of Longboat Key, and don't forget about the vitality of downtown Bradenton. The Bradenton area also boasts:
- Distinctive restaurants & diverse shopping options
- Multiple performing arts venues & multi-cultural events
- Unspoiled white sand beaches
- Top championship golf courses
Our Town - Bradenton Attractions
ANNA MARIA ISLAND (20 minute drive)
The cozy and quaint feel of Anna Maria Island, Florida makes it the perfect place to eat grouper sandwiches and kayak with dolphins.
- Enjoy sweeping views of Tampa Bay and the iconic Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Visit numerous award-winning beaches, restaurants, and parks.
PALMA SOLA (15 minute drive)
Enjoy Florida's natural beauty in Palma Sola, home to Palma Sola Botanical Gardens as well as Robinson Preserve, a beautiful 600+ acre coastal preserve.
- Features hiking paths, kayak and canoe waterways, bridges, picnic spots, a primitive campground, mangrove forests, and a 53-foot tall viewing tower
DOWNTOWN BRADENTON (15 minute drive)
- Bradenton's newly-opened 1.5 mile Riverwalk attracts concerts, festivals,art talks, and features a fishing pier, splash fountains, playgrounds, picnic lawns, a beach volleyball court, and a 400-seat Mosaic Amphitheater.
- Catch air in Bradenton's 17,000-foot public skatepark, boasting ledges, rails, a street course, quarterpipe, and bowl for skaters, bikers, and bladers.
- Cheer on Bradenton's local MiLB team - The Marauders!
LONGBOAT KEY (20 minute drive)
Named one of North America's top islands by Conde Nast Traveler's readers, this area spotlights premium beaches, golf courses, and views of the Gulf of Mexico while maintaining close proximity to vibrant Downtown Sarasota.
- Visit the Mote Marine Aquarium, Center for the Arts, or Joan M. Durante Park
ST. ARMAND'S CIRCLE (25 minute drive)
Known for its elegant boutiques, dining, fine art galleries, and master jewlers, St. Armand's Circle is a great place to grab a gelato, take a walk with the family, and enjoy some shopping.
- Enjoy frequent art shows and live music at a variety of restaurants
LAKEWOOD RANCH (15 minute drive)
Enjoy upscale boutiques, fine restaurants, wonderful rentals and hotels, championship golf courses, miles of recreational trails, and local movie theater.
- Check out Main Street for everything from Parisian cafes to a Scottish pub
- Experience events, festivals, concerts, and weekly farmer's markets
Nearby Florida Attractions
ST. PETERSBURG (35 minute drive)
Live it up in urban, artistic St. Petersburg with a multitude of theaters, parks, restaurants, historic buildings, nightlife attractions, and artistic venues.
- Experience the geometric Salvador Dali Museum in downtown St. Petersburg or head over to Tropicana Field to cheer on the Tampa Bay Rays
TAMPA (50 minute drive)
- For your adrenaline-seeking indulgences, visit Adventure Island or Busch Gardens for the latest roller coasters and rides
- Voted by Parents Magazine as the #1 zoo in the United States, go on a safari or ride a camel at the Lowry Park Zoo
- Home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tampa Bay Lightning, catch an NFL football game or NHL hockey game at one of these tremendous venues
DOWNTOWN SARASOTA (15 minute drive)
- Enjoy the Opera, Ballet, Symphony or theater at Sarasota's many performing arts venues including the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, Sarasota Opera House, and Asolo Repertory Theater.
- Savor distinctive restaurants, diverse shopping, and multicultural events
- Stimulate your intellectual side at the classical European John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art and Venetian-Gothic style Ca d'Zan mansion
SIESTA KEY (30 minute drive)
Ranked in 2011 as the #1 beach in America, relax at the beautiful Siesta Key, recognized for having the world's finest, whitest sand.
- Take an adventure! Go parasailing, snorkeling, paddleboarding, or boating
ORLANDO (2 hour drive)
Venture to Orlando for thrills at Universal Studios, Sea World, or the World's most visited entertainment complex, Walt Disney World, which offers 24 themed resorts, four theme parks, two water parks, and other recreational venues
- Find impressive shopping and savings at outlets and world-class malls