The greatest advantage
is a well-trained mind.
Our college preparatory program delivers an exceptional education, preparing young student-athletes to think critically and globally, so that they may succeed in every facet of their life.
Our students’ accomplishments are as diverse as our student population. Many have earned academic distinction as National Merit Scholars and HP Scholastic All-Americans, among the many national scholastic honor programs. Their remarkable efforts have secured admittance to distinguished universities throughout the world.
A curriculum as competitive as our students
At IMG Academy, we believe critical thinking and independent learning skills are crucial preparation for collegiate-level academics. We instill these principles into our core curriculum from the elementary school to our post-grad programs. Our teaching methodologies continually evolve to meet the rigorous demands of modern education, including the incorporation of lessons from the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Bloom’s Taxonomy, the Socratic Method, the Harkness Method, and the "flipped classroom."
Our classes offer creative and challenging coursework, low student-to-faculty ratios, and assignment schedules built on a philosophy of depth and substance over busy work. Our experienced faculty appreciates the demands of being both a student and an athlete, and they strive to provide a constructive balance between school and sport. For each course, the material and objectives pursued in daily classroom lessons are guided by a variety of standards selected by each academic department, choosing between Florida Sunshine State Standards, Common Core Standards, and National Standards.
- Pre-K through 12th grade, with post-graduate options (co-ed and non-denominational)
- Student enrollment: 1,000+
- Independent, college preparatory program
- College-style class formats and class availability for more than 10 hours each day allowing maximum academic scheduling flexibility
- 13 languages spoken among faculty
- 65% of faculty members hold advanced degrees
- Classes incorporate Harkness Method of teaching to encourage creativity and communication
- Multiple Advanced Placement and honors classes offered
- Partnership with the University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee for students looking to earn college credit while attending IMG Academy
- More than 100 web-based courses for students whose athletic competition schedule requires them to be off campus more than 50% of the time. A dedicated online supervisor monitors online students
- Enhanced online communication program connects parents, student-athletes, teachers and staff. Exam results, daily homework completion and classroom behavior assessments are reported through this program
- All faculty members provide special sessions in the evenings to work with students who need extra help, want to get ahead with their assignments or like working after class with their teachers
IMG Academy is accredited by:
Meet just a few of our distinguished alumni:
National Merit Scholarship Award recipient
|Mercer Island, WA|
|Jacqueline Bendrick, is a member of the National Honor Society, a National Merit Scholarship Award recipient and the valedictorian of her graduating class at IMG Academy. Upon receiving the National Merit honor, Bendrick said, "This is a great national honor, and I’ve worked really hard to bring my academics to a high level. That’s one of the reasons I’m here at IMG Academy - to be able to pursue strong academics and pursue my love of golf.” Bendrick is now enrolled at Furman University and plans to pursue a degree in biotechnology and eventually work in laboratory research in medicine.|
National Merit Scholar
Samy Ramadane, a native of Wayne, Pa., earned the distinction of National Merit Scholar when he was named as a recipient of the corporate-sponsored National Merit Arkema Inc. Scholarship. Ramadane was one of the most involved student-athletes during his time at IMG Academy leading up to the prestigious award. Ramadane was a member of the National Honor Society, and served as a Residential Mentor and tutor to his peers, all while maintaining a perfect 5.0 GPA in Advanced Placement classes on his way to being the valedictorian of the Class of 2012.
HP Scholastic Junior All-American Team
Jordan Lippetz, a native of Piedmont, Calif., was named to the HP Scholastic Junior All-American team in August 2012, in recognition of her achievements on the links and in the classroom. Lippetz, a member of the Class of 2012, served as president of the IMG Academy chapter of the National Honor Society during her senior year.
HP Junior Academic All-American in 2008 and 2009
|Beverly Hills, CA|
Seiji Liu, a native of Beverly Hills, Calif., was named as an HP Junior Academic All-American in 2008 and 2009 while a student-athlete at IMG Academy. Liu ended his high school career ranked No. 38 in the Golfweek/Titleist National Rankings, and No. 12 in the Class of 2010. Liu was also an AP Scholar with honors, finished as the class valedictorian, and earned the Carpe Diem award for his class. Liu also served as a delegate to the University of Florida’s Young Leaders Conference. Liu moved on to Harvard University, where he has excelled on the links and in the classroom, majoring in economics.
Notable universities attended by IMG Academy graduates:
Your next level awaits.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Boarding School program.