Gary takes a holistic approach to coaching soccer, drawing on his experience as a player and student to promote a growth mindset and discipline. The influence from his scholastic background (BA Philosophy, MFA English) supplements his experience as a player and as a coach, focusing on the development of communication and the IMG Core Values within the context of the game. Between his time in his home state of Colorado and when he relocated to Buffalo, NY, Gary spent time in Medellin, Colombia, where he taught English at SENA de Pedregal, a two-year technical school for adult students.
- USSF 'A' License
- 2015 World Football Academy Tactics Course
- 2017 International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Niwot High School, 2003 BA Philosophy
- University of Colorado
- 2006 MFA English
- Colorado State University 2014
- TESOL Certification 2014
- Gary enjoys traveling for coaching education and has completed methodology courses in Spain with Valencia CF and in Colombia with Atletico Nacional.
- Assistant Coach, Canisius College Men's Soccer, 2017-2019
- Assistant Coach, WNY Flash, NWSL, 2016, League Champions
- Head Coach, WNY Flash, UWS, 2017
- Director and Coach, WNY Flash Academy, ECNL, 2016-2019
- Gary played for the club soccer team at the University of Colorado, winning the NIRSA National Championship in 2005. After graduating from CU, he played for The Colorado Rovers, a men's amateur team in Denver, winning a handful of national tournaments, including qualification as the first Amateur team into the Lamar Hunt Open Cup (2013).