You will need to obtain an F-1 Student Visa in order to attend IMG Academy. We will issue each student-athlete an I-20 form with the fulfillment of the following requirements; enrolling as a full-time student at IMG Academy, providing a copy of your passport, completing required deposit, and providing financial verification that you have sufficient funds to support your stay in the United States
Requirements for the Form I-20
- Enroll as a full-time student at IMG Academy. This includes completing all parts of the application before being offered admission.
- Provide a copy of your passport.
- Complete the required deposit and the international student fee if applicable.
- Provide financial verification stating that you have sufficient funds to support your stay in the U.S.A. We may receive a fax or a copy. The US Embassy will require the original.
Financial Information & I-20 Verification for International Students
U.S. immigration regulations require that you demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your living and educational expenses for study on a full-time basis. All international applicants must meet our financial documentation requirements to receive a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20), and to apply for your F-1 visa.
What is acceptable financial verification?
All documents must be in English, or include a certified English translation. (Choose 1)
- Bank statements from past 3 months showing regular deposits accompanied by an Affidavit of Support
- Letter from bank (see sample)
- Letter from employer stating salary accompanied by an Affidavit of Support
Funds in your bank account must equal annual tuition plus living expenses. We calculate living expenses at $1,000 per month.
When You Get Here:
- Bring your passport, and I-20 form to school, and present to the International Student Advisor or a Designated School Official (DSO)
- The DSO will sign your I-20 on page two and make copies of all your legal documents: I-20, visa, and passport.
- Students who are boarding on campus will be required to bring their visa documents to IMG Academy’s front desk in order to be secured.
- Students who are non-boarding will be required to provide an American address where student will be living.
Please do not hesitate to contact Aga Cram at [email protected] with any concerns or questions.
Have any questions? Contact us at [email protected]
The U.S. tourist visa, otherwise known as the B1/B2 visa, is specifically for persons wishing to enter the United States for business, pleasure, tourism, or medical needs. If you are visiting to participate in one of our camps or are a parent/family member of a student-athlete, you will need to obtain a B-1/B-2 Tourist Visa.
Each individual applying for a Tourist Visa must submit the following information to their Embassy:
- The DS-160 online application for nonimmigrant visa
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after intended stay
- One 2x2 photograph
- Application and issuance fee
Please email a copy of your passport picture page to Rosie Johnson [email protected] and let us know your reservation dates at IMG Academy.
To give new non-native speaking students a head start on their adjustment to the academic life and environment at IMG Academy.