application & Eligibility
18U Register Here
Registration deadline: November 9, 2021
12U, 14U, & 16U Registration for the 2021 Eddie Herr International Junior Championship is now closed.
The Eddie Herr Tennis Tournament utilizes UTR’s (Universal Tennis Rating) for consideration into the qualifying draw and main draw of the tournament. When applying for the tournament, please make sure to have your UTR information readily available to input into the application. If your country does not accept the UTR system, please contact us at [email protected] for more information on how to apply or qualify.
Everyone is required to have a USTA membership in order to sign-up for the Eddie Herr Tournament. Please click here for registration instructions through the USTA.
The Eddie Herr International Junior Championship is a selection-based tournament. Application submission does not guarantee entry into the tournament. There are only 128 qualifying draw invites and 64 main draw invites per group.
U.S. and foreign players are eligible per the ITF age requirements.
- 16 & under- born in 2005 or 2006 (must be 15 or 16 on December 31, 2021).
- 14 & under - born in 2007 or 2008 (must be 13 or 14 on December 31, 2021).
- 12 & under - born in 2009 or 2010 (must be 11 or 12 on December 31, 2021). Athletes 10 years old or younger will NOT be considered for acceptance into the tournament.
Following the registration deadline of October 12, the committee will meet and determine the acceptance list in the following weeks. Once the committee has finalized the acceptance list, it will be posted here by the end of October. 12U - 16U - USTA Rules are by birth month. Junior players may continue to play in the 12s, 14s, 16s division until the month they turn 13, 15, 17 respectively. ITF rules are by birth year. Juniors may play the 18s division until the year in which they turn 19 respectively.
On-site check-in is MANDATORY for all participants and will take place at the Legacy Hotel (5450 Bollettieri Blvd, Bradenton, FL 34210). Please plan travel accordingly to attend your corresponding check-in date and time below (please note the differences for Qualifying Draw and Main Draw). All participants must bring the following to their check-in:
- USTA card (hard copy or photocopy)
- Photo identification (passport, license, etc.)
- Proof of registration
Tuesday, November 23
- 10:00AM - 12:00PM 12U qualifying check-in
- 12:00PM - 2:00PM 14U qualifying check-in
- 2:00PM - 4:00PM 16U qualifying check-in
Friday, November 26
- 4:00PM - 6:00PM 18U qualifying check-in
Sunday, November 28
- 10:00AM - 12:00PM 12U main draw check-in
- 12:00PM - 2:00PM 14U main draw check-in
- 2:00PM - 4:00PM 16U main draw check-in
- 4:00PM - 6:00PM 18U main draw check-in
Check-in must be in-person during the designated times above. Late check-ins will not be accepted and your spot will be given to an on-site alternate.
- August 3 - Registration opens
- October 12 - Registration deadline
- October 26 - Acceptance lists released
- November 23 - 12U-16U Qualifying draw mandatory check-in
- November 26 - 18U Qualifying draw mandatory check-in
- November 28 - 12U-18U Main draw mandatory check-in
*dates and times are subject to change*