Golf Boarding School Program
The IMG Academy golf program is the world’s ultimate training hub for golf champions. No other program in the world has produced as many junior tournament champions or placed as many players on professional tours as ours. We believe, success on the course begins with preparation off the course. Student-athletes in our golf program will develop their game through a periodization approach that addresses the technical, pre-competition and competition phases, resulting in lower scores and golfers who learn how to play, not just how to swing. Working with other golfers of similar ability levels in small-group settings, students learn from coaches who go through one of the most rigorous coaching certification processes in the industry and average 10-plus years of coaching tenure.
We develop players into champions through a combination of personalized instruction, emphasis on developing proper mechanics and incorporating physical and mental conditioning into their daily training and competition routine.
Explore everything about our Boarding School Program:
|Overview Academics College Placement|
International Students Student Life Admissions
Train where INNOVATION calls HOME.
Student-athletes will have full access to our own 18-hole golf course featuring a double-sided driving range, putting greens and multiple target greens as well as access to our 10,000 square foot weight room and covered performance turf/track.
By The Numbers
- Ages 8-10 (non-boarding), 12-19 (boarding). Post-Graduate programs available
- Physical and Mental Conditioning with Performance classes in other disciplines to facilitate total development
- All IMG Academy instructors must complete a certification to ensure maximum effectiveness that typically takes a year-plus for completion
- In-house tournaments and entry into various regional and national tournaments enhance on-course skill
- Student-athletes have access to a championship-caliber, 6,900-yard golf course, double-sided driving range, multiple putting greens and chipping/pitching stations
- Program uses industry-leading technology, including TrackMan and V1 video analysis
- College-style A/B schedule that involves school in the first half of the day and sport training in the latter, or vice versa depending on sport and individual schedule. This allows for an ideal environment that enhances improvement in all aspects of academics and athletics.
- Graduates have a history of matriculating to premier academic and athletic universities, with recent graduates committing to play golf at schools like: Baylor, Boston College, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn State, Princeton, Stanford, Southern Cal, Yale and countless others.
|“I wouldn’t trade my experience at IMG Academy for anything. It gave me perspective on how hard you really had to work to be able to achieve your goals… I still fall back on those lessons today. It’s molded my personality, and it has been irreplaceable as far as doing this as a career. ”|
|Casey Wittenberg, IMG Academy alumnus and professional golfer|
Athletic and Personal Development
Athletic and Personal Development is the operating system for all sports. Utilizing a revolutionary training curriculum that addresses all key areas, it promotes athletic progression, character development, leadership and overall personal evolution.
Three Pillars of Training
1 – Core Training
Core Training consists of Physical Conditioning and Movement Training (delivered multiple times per week), Mental Conditioning (once per week), Nutrition (1-2 classes per semester) and Leadership Training (1-2 per semester). It also includes access to certified Athletic Trainers who cover practices and competitions as well as an athletic training room available for students for injury prevention and recovery. All IMG Academy student-athletes receive Core Training as part of their sport programming.
2 – Performance Classes
As part of the sport curriculum, all student-athletes receive four Athletic & Personal Development classes each school year. Each class lasts for 7 weeks. The classes are selected by the sport director and coaches based on what they feel will benefit the student-athlete the most, with students then rotating to a different class for each 7-week period. Each class has a tailored sport-specific curriculum. Classes include:
|Leadership 1||Leadership 2|
|Nutrition 1||Nutrition 2|
|Science of Speed 1||Science of Speed 2|
|Vision Training 1||Vision Training 2|
|Mental Toughness||Stress Management|
|Empowered Female Athletes||Yoga|
3 – Additional Services
Need some extra work in a specific discipline like mental conditioning or nutrition? Delivered in a one-on-one setting, a la carte additional services can sharpen your skill and create a customized plan to help you reach your goals.
Your next level awaits.
Download the online application to begin the admissions process today.
Learn everything about the IMG Academy Boarding School program.